oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

What names are we solidly linked with now is it just Shotton and Tisserand?

Now that Ojo has chosen Fulham have we actually been linked with any other in that position? I know Monk said they're working on someone else but seems to have been kept really quiet unless I've just missed it.

No links. Think it will come as somewhat as a surprise like the Braithwaite and Fletcher signings who almost appeared out of the blue. Not that I think we will pay that kind of money but once it breaks we will wrap it up quickly.

Kent I think was a solid link, but that was a few weeks back now. I think we probably are interested, but while Coutinho's future is up in the air, Liverpool won't be letting anyone in the attacking positions leave just yet. Might be sorted in the last few days of the window if it happens.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to Alan Nixon WBA want £35m for Evans. Only puts Gibson's price up

All this TV money has just made transfer fees even more ridiculous.  Wouldn't it be lovely if one of the clubs said 'you know what, we have tons of money now, why don't we drop all ticket prices to a tenner'.

if clubs were going to do that, the mega clubs like menu etc would have still been charging fiver to get in. 

if someone did it. the popularity of the club countrywide would sky rocket. if we put season ticket prices to 100 for example. we'd need a bigger stadium imo. i know loads who wont pay. including me. but if 100 i'd buy two or three. teessiders are careful with money, if its not seen as a bargain its not worth it lol.

we wouldnt even have to put the whole stadium to that price. extend the south stand and make it a big cop with cheap tickets and those rail seating so everyone can stand and sing. be miles better more enjoyable experience. we'd have a new generation going to the game for a good time and not even remembering the game itself lol

There needs to be a limit on ticket prices but look at West Ham last season, can't remember exactly what the offer was but their prices were low, they sold out and there was loads of empty seats as people just weren't that bothered.

okay that was like 150 per season ticket i think. but totally see the buying not going thing. i love the idea of clubs having a real cop again. look at dortmunds, its unbelievable. you could have the cop season tickets 18-50 age cap lol no kids no old blokes moaning about the noise. i bet that would put off the majority of happy clapping women who complain to the stewards about swearing to. just a stand full of blokes singing and drunk.  :D enlarge the concorse's and include several more bars. before you know it, the fans will be coming early as the new concorse area will be like pubs, with sky tv plenty of big screens with live footy on and ssn. 

clubs are doing it wrong imo. fans shouldnt be havin a drink meeting in town. they all should be going to the stadium early, drinking and spending money there. everyone cramming for food at half time is daft man. the fans should be eating before game at the ground and drinking well before kickoff. it should be like a day out. cheap beer to  :D

To be fair its abit like this at Bristol City's new stands. Definitely the way forward.

Did we loan Ripley to Burton to just sit on the bench. Might as well have done that here. Though we would loan him out to a team that saw him as first choice. Still early days.

Did we loan Ripley to Burton to just sit on the bench. Might as well have done that here. Though we would loan him out to a team that saw him as first choice. Still early days.

He let in a howler in his first game, probably didn't do his chances any favours.

He let in a howler in his first game, probably didn't do his chances any favours.

Didn't know that he had played at all.

To be fair, the "howler" he let in wasn't all that bad. It was one of those crossed free kicks that drifts in at the back post. He should've done better but they are always difficult for the keeper as the keeper is expecting someone to get a touch.

However, he got away with a much worse one in the dying seconds of the game when he dropped a ball that he really should've dealt with and was very lucky that Oldham didn't capitalise.

played in the cup game against Oldham

Is Burke available for sale?

Read yesterday palace are close to closing a deal for him

I was thinking about him the other day. There is no doubt he has talent. I think he would be a good fit for an ambitious team in the championship like us.Probably more chance of getting game time. I think he would be a gamble for a prem team.