oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I know Jota has a year left on his deal but i think our offer was embarrassing when you look at the going rate in the market. So no wonder they have rejected it. 8m i reckon he is ours if we go back in.

Alan Nixon just said to me 6/7m would get him. Pay the money Boro!

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know Jota has a year left on his deal but i think our offer was embarrassing when you look at the going rate in the market. So no wonder they have rejected it. 8m i reckon he is ours if we go back in.

Yep, said it yesterday. Just offer the £7m if we're serious. To a deree I don't understand why clubs do this, it's like WBA's offer for Gibson. Would only wind the selling club up.

I cannot see Gibson leaving - let put it this way if Boro were still in the Premier League now a day do you still think he would get in the England team?? as he was only selected for England last time because number of injuries we had at the time, Gibson will need at least 2 or 3 players from England team e.g like Cahill, smalling, Jagielka to retire the international football before he can get in there full time.

he love the boro so badly so I cannot see him leaving for other club to sit on their bench...

Yep, said it yesterday. Just offer the £7m if we're serious. To a deree I don't understand why clubs do this, it's like WBA's offer for Gibson. Would only wind the selling club up.

If that's what it would take to get one of the most creative players in the league over the last couple of seasons then that is a bloody bargain in today's market and we should be all over that.

It's all brinkmanship isn't it? We know that presumably Jota wants to come, and has a year left on his contract. 

However, Brentford know we have a bit of money. So by starting our bidding low, we're saying "yes, we have parachute payments, but we aren't going to offer you silly money, the player is coming to the end of his contract".

There is sense  in it.

I cannot see Gibson leaving - let put it this way if Boro were still in the Premier League now a day do you still think he would get in the England team?? as he was only selected for England last time because number of injuries we had at the time, Gibson will need at least 2 or 3 players from England team e.g like Cahill, smalling, Jagielka to retire the international football before he can get in there full time.

he love the boro so badly so I cannot see him leaving for other club to sit on their bench...

Yes if he was in the premier league I could see him selected in front of maguire.

It said our offer was £4.5m plus addons which is imagine would have took it to about £7m.

It probably wasn't that insulting more that they weren't happy with the structure.

If we're bidding £4.5m plus addons and they want £7m then I can't imagine we're to far away.

I cannot see Gibson leaving - let put it this way if Boro were still in the Premier League now a day do you still think he would get in the England team??  as he was only selected for England last time because number of injuries we had at the time, Gibson will need at least 2 or 3 players from England team e.g like Cahill, smalling, Jagielka to retire the international football before he can get in there full time.

Yes if he was in the premier league I could see him selected in front of maguire.

I might get shot down but I think Maguire is a better player than Gibson

Hull look like they're getting that Isaac success from Watford on loan. He was a nightmare to play against at the Riverside, could be a solid signing for them.

Also Oliver Burke at West Brom finalizing a deal

I cannot see Gibson leaving - let put it this way if Boro were still in the Premier League now a day do you still think he would get in the England team??  as he was only selected for England last time because number of injuries we had at the time, Gibson will need at least 2 or 3 players from England team e.g like Cahill, smalling, Jagielka to retire the international football before he can get in there full time.

Possibly. But Gibson was in front of him last season and I doubt 2 games would have changed that

You're not alone. I think he is too, and will go a lot further. 

Regarding Jota, I hope we get him .. but from the way we're bidding for him I can't tell if we're too serious about it or not .. ?

I'd love it if he comes, I just don't think he will. Or we will cash in on Gestede and bring in Jota. I wouldn't like to lose Gestede. I like our squad as it is now, but Jota and the other couple of positions we need strengthening would be a perfect end to this window.

Whatever happened to the rumours that we told Norwich we'd be coming in with an improved offer after they rejected our first bid?

You've answered your own question there.

You're not alone. I think he is too, and will go a lot further. 

Not at all imo, Maguire is a decent player but was over hyped last season and for me is John Stones lite. Hes not quite as style over substance like Stones but hes similar, I don't actually think hes defensively that good. Hes rash in the challenge, which when it comes off and he comes striding out with the ball he looks great but he equally gets done a lot and for me is nowhere near defensively as strong as Gibson.  

Not that its on him completely but Hull had by faaaar and away the worst defense last season.