oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whatever happened to the rumours that we told Norwich we'd be coming in with an improved offer after they rejected our first bid?

You've answered your own question there.

Oops. Forgot to say it was Murphy but you guessed it:). Lurker just sounded like he knew something and I have no reason to doubt him as he is clearly often well informed.

Whatever happened to the rumours that we told Norwich we'd be coming in with an improved offer after they rejected our first bid?

Oops. Forgot to say it was Murphy but you guessed it:). Lurker just sounded like he knew something and I have no reason to doubt him as he is clearly often well informed.

We refused to go to 13.5 million they wanted for him and snodgrass also turned them down at the same time. I also know brighton are preparing a bid for jota awaiting for a player to leave first i believe hemed. he has been touted around to different teams.

After Saturday's game there are a good few days before the window closes so if Ben Gibson is going to hand in a transfer request, in an attempt to force through a move, then it will come after Saturday. I think things will only get messy like that if clubs aren't willing to meet our valuation. I hope we can keep him but I think the chances of him going are far more likely than him staying.

I'd happily take selling Traore if that means we can afford Jota. Hopefully we can afford him without departures though. It would be tremendous if Gueudiora leaves before Thursday too.

i can see it now, gibson handing in a transfer request to him uncle steve. never happen. imagine steve though, behave yourself are i'll have a word with your dad lol

has anyone had the wit yet to actually have a word with the lad about his ambitions and intentions?

We refused to go to 13.5 million they wanted for him and snodgrass also turned them down at the same time. I also know brighton are preparing a bid for jota awaiting for a player to leave first i believe hemed. he has been touted around to different teams.

If that's the case we won't get him

Brighton wanted Braithwaite.

Burnley and Watford wanted Assombalonga.

Hull look like they're getting that Isaac success from Watford on loan. He was a nightmare to play against at the Riverside, could be a solid signing for them.

Don't worry, Success won't play very well, he's been cursed by a witch doctor.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2521971/watford-striker-isaac-success-juju-curse-witchcraft-injury/amp/

Brighton wanted Braithwaite.

Burnley and Watford wanted Assombalonga.

Jota is a lot cheaper though and if they go down they know they will have a class player on their hands

Kluivert not in the squad for Ajax tonight...

WhoScored says he was subbed off after 38mins

we now have our number one targets in cm and cf but the rw slot is taking time. which i would imagine is because the likes of downing, traore, gestede

(hopefully will stay) and guardioura have not been sold yet so we are now looking at a cheaper loan options. until the interest in traore appeared again when we were quickly linked to buying jota. 

my bet is a loan if traore stays and buying jota if he goes. 

my take on what i think monk wants to play FM style:

------------Complete forward

inside forward------------Right winger

----------CM-support--CM-attack

-----------------DM-anchor

LWB-support----------------RWB-attack

------------------CB-----CB

we now have our number one targets in cm and cf but the rw slot is taking time. which i would imagine is because the likes of downing, traore, gestede

(hopefully will stay) and guardioura have not been sold yet so we are now looking at a cheaper loan options. until the interest in traore appeared again when we were quickly linked to buying jota. 

my bet is a loan if traore stays and buying jota if he goes. 

my take on what i think monk wants to play FM style:

------------Complete forward

inside forward------------Right winger

----------CM-support--CM-attack

-----------------DM-anchor

LWB-support----------------RWB-attack

------------------CB-----CB

If Monk was playing FM then Clayton would be down as a Half Back.