oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Your probably somewhat right Wilson, but I still think the club will have an idea about the value of every player. It wouldn't surprise me if they had set a value of around 10 million on him. We want to make a profit, he has a skill set no one else at the club has, he has started well and we will likely be strengthening a rival. It's a tough one because we don't have someone who matches his skills.

If we decide to sell there is a huge guy called Paul Onuachu running around in Denmark. His club missed out on Europe last night so they have to sell players. Basically is just a younger and cheaper Gestede but obviously isn't proven in this league.

The alternatives are obviously out there, and we could make a decent profit on a guy that isn't going to be first choice when everyone is fit - unless of course he keeps scoring and setting up goals.

There a huge guy who plays for my local 11 a side team too. We just missed out on the local division 2 Sunday league title last season. He's a younger and cheaper (£20 and a pint per week) version of Gestede who isn't proven in this league we could sign.

Seriously... wtf

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been advised by the same bloke who told me Britt would happen on the wed before that our final offer for Jota has gone in this afternoon and it's a take it or leave it and we want deal done in 48-72hrs

I hope it's close to what they are asking, if Traore is on his way i'd have thought we'd get near or match it. Personally think we should be snapping their hands off if it's true they are looking for near 8 million, but obviously it ain't that simple. 

Would be gutted if he joined another rival like Hull. Really want this signing to happen, didn't think we'd be looking at him at all once Braithwaite and Assombalonga had come in after Howson etc.

Your probably somewhat right Wilson, but I still think the club will have an idea about the value of every player. It wouldn't surprise me if they had set a value of around 10 million on him. We want to make a profit, he has a skill set no one else at the club has, he has started well and we will likely be strengthening a rival. It's a tough one because we don't have someone who matches his skills.

If we decide to sell there is a huge guy called Paul Onuachu running around in Denmark. His club missed out on Europe last night so they have to sell players. Basically is just a younger and cheaper Gestede but obviously isn't proven in this league.

The alternatives are obviously out there, and we could make a decent profit on a guy that isn't going to be first choice when everyone is fit - unless of course he keeps scoring and setting up goals.

There a huge guy who plays for my local 11 a side team too. We just missed out on the local division 2 Sunday league title last season. He's a younger and cheaper (£20 and a pint per week) version of Gestede who isn't proven in this league we could sign.

Seriously... wtf

Seriously what? Onuachu is a good talent. 23 years old, on the brink of the Nigerian team, scored 23 goals last season and has 8 in 10 games so far this season. Scores goals in the Europa League too. Nevertheless he is being courted by Werder Bremen so might be out of our reach if he has Bundesliga interest. He would be a good alternative to bring in if we sold Gestede.

Seriously... wtf

Seriously what? Onuachu is a good talent. 23 years old, on the brink of the Nigerian team, scored 23 goals last season and has 8 in 10 games so far this season. Scores goals in the Europa League too. Nevertheless he is being courted by Werder Bremen so might be out of our reach if he has Bundesliga interest. He would be a good alternative to bring in if we sold Gestede.

You're always pushing players from danish league you BD!!! ;)

Seriously... wtf

It might come as a surprise to some, but there are actually some decent players coming through in leagues that aren't necessarily the biggest or most popular in Europe;)

Seriously... wtf

It might come as a surprise to some, but there are actually some decent players coming through in leagues that aren't necessarily the biggest or most popular in Europe;)

In BD's defence you tend to push or suggest the players you watch every day/week/month...

To that end if I notice any future stars coming through Redtube I'll be sure to let you know ;)

Seriously... wtf

In BD's defence you tend to push or suggest the players you watch every day/week/month...

To that end if I notice any future stars coming through Redtube I'll be sure to let you know ;)

:)

Don't think there's a rush or panic for the CB, we have fry, Ayala and Gibson at the minute and Connor Roberts if it comes to it. We will get one in next week but nothing to panic about.

Connor Roberts is about 4 foot tall.

That FL92 transfer account on Twitter is saying we are finalising a move for Jota. Sadly, on closer inspection it doesn't seem a legit source .. 10 thousand followers but I dunno ... maybe something in it ..

Seriously... wtf

I prefer to push obscure players who I've signed on Fifa and then pretend that I've been following their progress closely.

I prefer to push obscure players who I've signed on Fifa and then pretend that I've been following their progress closely.

Seriously I'm glad you aren't in control of our transfers!! You're like Strachen! Why don't you recommend your cousin for the boro at the same time! Some blooming no one from Denmark we should sign up to replace a proven championship scorer :)