oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've bought 8 players. That's a lot of players - 6 (?) of them were in the starting line up in the first match. I know many on here don't care one bit for team chemistry, gelling period, and whatever fancy term we can come up with.

I seriously don't understand the sudden Gibson talk. We've bought players and we've sold players who either didn't fit, didn't want to be here, or went back to their respective clubs after their brief period in the club via loan.

This isn't about breaking even, net loss, or net profit. If anything, we can criticise the current activity based on the players we have signed or sold rather than being disappointed in 'Gibson not spending'

I know 13 mill seems a good deal (double what we paid??) But if Monaco are Interested too then should we be pushing for more or is it too close to the window closing? Also, if we are replacing with Kent then I am going to say something no one else seems to want to say....

Everyone keeps saying Gibson has done his bit and it's now up to monk. However, if we have a net spend in the negatives has he really? I know that we have kept the one we wanted to keep most in Gibson but chances are we will be at worst break-even on net spend with a wage bill massively reduced. Just playing devils advocate but it's not like Gibson has ploughed money in this preseason. However, he has been made out to be a super chairman throwing money at the cause. No wonder the club aren't moaning about the papers going on about our 40 million spending spree. Guess it depends on the newspaper eh??

Again, just playing devils advocate...

If we've got the players we were after does it matter how much we've spent

Like I said I'm only playing devils advocate.

I guess the question is 'what is Gibson's bit?'. Is it to get the players monk wants while breaking even and reducing the wage bill? In fairness it could be argued that he backed karanka 2 years ago more than he has backed monk this season so far.

I think the thing is that some people think smashing the league means spending what we bring in and the £75m in parachute payments.

When you look at the players that 'might' have guaranteed 'smashing the league' like Tom Cairney, that £75 would not have gone very far.

We are a few players away from having a very good side, when Monk figures out who his best players are.  Clue:  Bamford should start every match in my opinion.

Last point on this from me, but promotion guaranteed us something like 150mill and that is if we finished bottom in year 1. What is our net spend since we gained promotion? I'd guess something like 30 million quid. Yes there are some other fees in there and wages havr to be taken into account but 1. Did we give it a go and 2. Has he tried to smash the league? Again, I think the media headlines have made Gibson look like he has thrown everything he has at it when actually he hasn't really.

I agree he has bought in a high calibre of player and we really should have a good chance of promotion with the squad we have assembled, and we are indebted to him for where the club is.

I know 13 mill seems a good deal (double what we paid??) But if Monaco are Interested too then should we be pushing for more or is it too close to the window closing? Also, if we are replacing with Kent then I am going to say something no one else seems to want to say....

Everyone keeps saying Gibson has done his bit and it's now up to monk. However, if we have a net spend in the negatives has he really? I know that we have kept the one we wanted to keep most in Gibson but chances are we will be at worst break-even on net spend with a wage bill massively reduced. Just playing devils advocate but it's not like Gibson has ploughed money in this preseason. However, he has been made out to be a super chairman throwing money at the cause. No wonder the club aren't moaning about the papers going on about our 40 million spending spree. Guess it depends on the newspaper eh??

Again, just playing devils advocate...

If we've got the players we were after does it matter how much we've spent

Like I said I'm only playing devils advocate.

I guess the question is 'what is Gibson's bit?'. Is it to get the players monk wants while breaking even and reducing the wage bill? In fairness it could be argued that he backed karanka 2 years ago more than he has backed monk this season so far.

I think the thing is that some people think smashing the league means spending what we bring in and the £75m in parachute payments.

There is a happy medium between essentially spending *** all and spending everything. Come on man. What's wrong with having say a £15 million budget plus whatever else we bring in. We still have gaps in the squad and it looks like there may be a few more gaps to appear and with not long of the window left we are looking at bringing in a loan who didn't exactly set the world alight at Barnsley last season. If we want Jota pay the little bit extra to get him. We've spent nothing. We cannot be skint. There is still time to pull something out the bag but time is running out.

RAF see you are online,any news to share?

All i know is jota has had talks with fulham today but he is holding out for a premier league move at the moment. We are fairly sure he wont be joining us. Kent has alot of options including german club but final decision will be liverpool and his jointly. Troure did storm out when he was told he was on bench for preston game. We are preparing a plan b for gibson as alot of club are now enquiring Looks like whoever doesnt get jonny evans fancies him and are willing to pay. Murphy is non starter due to transger fee

Well that not good reading.

I was told about 3 weeks ago that we'd knocked a bid back from Liverpool for Gibson and he'll be allowed to go if they or a similar sized club come back for him.

We've had enough time to find a replacement.

RAF see you are online,any news to share?

All i know is jota has had talks with fulham today but he is holding out for a premier league move at the moment. We are fairly sure he wont be joining us. Kent has alot of options including german club but final decision will be liverpool and his jointly. Troure did storm out when he was told he was on bench for preston game. We are preparing a plan b for gibson as alot of club are now enquiring Looks like whoever doesnt get jonny evans fancies him and are willing to pay. Murphy is non starter due to transger fee

Well that not good reading.

Massively annoying if we lose traore because of that farce of a team selection and set up on Saturday, disappointed Murphy is a none starter aswell like.

I was told about 3 weeks ago that we'd knocked a bid back from Liverpool for Gibson and he'll be allowed to go if they or a similar sized club come back for him.

Would be annoying if we did loan chambers and lost Gibson at the same time, I also think playing along side Gibson would be more appealing to chambers aswell.

Doesn't surprise me that Adama was very annoyed to not be selected for Preston, he was one of if not our best player in the cup, what more can he do? Poor man management by Monk.

Would be annoying if we did loan chambers and lost Gibson at the same time, I also think playing along side Gibson would be more appealing to chambers aswell.

I can't see us getting Chambers, surely a Premier league club will end up taking him on loan. As for Gibson I've been about 70% sure he was gonna go for the last few weeks, to lose him now though puts huge pressure on lining up a replacement.

Doesn't surprise me that Adama was very annoyed to not be selected for Preston, he was one of if not our best player in the cup, what more can he do? Poor man management by Monk.

Same maybe he thought the same as us when he seen the team aswell, if Fabio earned a place that apparently also caused a change in formation then so did traore.

Regardless, as a professional - not just a footballer, but in any profession - you simply do not refuse to do your job because of a decision like that. You get your head down, keep working hard and make yourself unignorable. The lad's attitude is unprofessional, and any player who's willing to put themselves ahead of the team as he did, frankly, I never want to see in a Boro shirt again.