oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BREAKING NEWS

Newcastle have this morning received a £15m from Fulham for striker Dwight Gayle.

However it's our understandings that the St James' Park club are looking for nearer £20m for their striker.

Newcastle are currently considering the Fulham bid. Gayle was left out of the squad that beat West Ham on Saturday, and didn't even make the bench.

Can Fulham afford Gayle and Jota bids?

Its ok, West ham will sign Jota with the money we gave them for Fletcher.

That's the thing that annoys me most I think, we've spent a large fee on an unproven kid who seems very raw at the moment, meaning that we now can't afford to pay for a high quality player who would instantly improve our starting XI.

It's possible that we have pulled out of the running for Jota because he's told us he won't move north, rather than the finances.

It's possible that we have pulled out of the running for Jota because he's told us he won't move north, rather than the finances.

You could well be right about that Tom, and I and others have mentioned previously the allure of the North East not being favoured by players.

Look at the calibre of players here, Newcastle and Sunderland it would seem that not many actually clamour to get to the NE.

Apart from Ayala it has been a disaster for the Spanish/Portuguese speaking players recently

If there was truth in Jota and his good lady wanting to stay in London then you run the risk of having an unhappy player somewhere down the line. I think we could afford Jota but the desire to come wasn't there for him. The squad we have will be great to watch in weeks ahead and for me I wouldn't swap it with any other champ team. Will be happy when window closes and people go back to talking about what we have and not what might have been. The exciting attacking intent in the early games is so much better to watch than recent seasons. At least we should have a rainy day fund if needed in January.

It is possible. Like I said the other day though, there are better, younger, more exciting options in league one than Johnson. Marcus Maddison is 3 years younger, from round here and had a better record than Johnson last season despite playing 13 fewer games.

It is possible. Like I said the other day though, there are better, younger, more exciting options in league one than Johnson. Marcus Maddison is 3 years younger, from round here and had a better record than Johnson last season despite playing 13 fewer games.

Peterborough will want a lot more money as well.

Just had a text from an Oxford fan mate of mine. We've had a bid accepted for Johnson - 2.5m with 500k add on (believed to be promotion), we're the only ones to have had a bid accepted. Birmingham and Hull have offered but not as much and been rejected

EDIT: Sorry for the repeated news, hadn't seen the link above!

Peterborough will want a lot more money as well.

All the media reports said they were looking for around £2m.

Just had a text from an Oxford fan mate of mine. We've had a bid accepted for Johnson - 2.5m with 500k add on (believed to be promotion), we're the only ones to have had a bid accepted. Birmingham and Hull have offered but not as much and been rejected

Any opinion from your mate? Don't know much about him other than his record so would appreciate any opinion.

Any opinion from your mate? Don't know much about him other than his record so would appreciate any opinion.

He likes him, he says he's quick and can cross and is too good for league 1. Reckons he'll be a decent signing for us. Overall he's just not very happy they aren't getting more money for him

Jota isn't the be all and end all, even just looking at his highlights so far the season he looks to have the long range shooting ability of Fabio rochemback, blazing them all over the shop.

We've had a fantastic window, the players just need time to gel and monk needs to get his system sorted out. I for one would be happy for the window to shut right now.