oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

From what I can see

Non of those saying Johnson is a strange buy panic buy crap buy not good enough have seen him play more than a couple of times the vast majority haven't seen him once or am I wrong

Who's been saying any of that about Johnson?

You really need to read back :)

I've been following the thread pretty closely - the overriding sentiment for me seems to be quite reasonable. Lots of positive noises from Oxford fans about his ability, looks better than League 1 but the jury will be out for him in the Championship. Not coming in as a first team starter so I don't really see how anyone could consider him a panic buy.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to Bailey and Dean Jones from the bleacher report Boro and Fulham are fuming with Brentford after being quoted more for Jota than Brum. I asked Bailey if he was Adamas replacement he said no, we wanted him aswell.

So, at this point I'd expect a competent club with a competent transfer team to go back in with the now cheaper offer and still try to get their target. Bet we don't...

Jota to move to Birmingham, that just does not make sense, I mean, why would he? As for commuting between Brum and London, trust me, (as someone who did it twice a week for a period of time), it is hell on wheels! There are no sounds coming out of WBA as to a late bid for Gibson.

That's assuming he lives in London. If he lives outside the M25 his commuting time could have barely changed, he could live as far out as Oxford.

Doesn't the train get into Euston in no time

Without starting a debate on the shortcomings of Virgin trains, try standing up for an hour and a quarter in a sardine can being buffeted about, and then play football, it just does not make sense. If Brum are the limit of his ambitions then so be it.

I'm sure Brum can afford to book him a seat.

Jota to move to Birmingham, that just does not make sense, I mean, why would he? As for commuting between Brum and London, trust me, (as someone who did it twice a week for a period of time), it is hell on wheels! There are no sounds coming out of WBA as to a late bid for Gibson.

That's assuming he lives in London. If he lives outside the M25 his commuting time could have barely changed, he could live as far out as Oxford.

Without starting a debate on the shortcomings of Virgin trains, try standing up for an hour and a quarter in a sardine can being buffeted about, and then play football, it just does not make sense. If Brum are the limit of his ambitions then so be it.

I'm sure Brum can afford to book him a seat.

He might even splash out on a first class ticket.

According to Bailey and Dean Jones from the bleacher report Boro and Fulham are fuming with Brentford after being quoted more for Jota than Brum. I asked Bailey if he was Adamas replacement he said no, we wanted him aswell.

If true stinks of Harry's wheeler dealing.

Didn't originally think this but the more I read the more it sounds like he's had our pants down a bit.

He will be in first class not cattle

You have all got it wrong he would catch a Chiltern Train from Birmingham Moor Street or Snowhill to Marylebone :P

You have all got it wrong he would catch a Chiltern Train from Birmingham Moor Street or Snowhill to Marylebone :P

Is that a steam train

Colback has been told that he'll be training with the Academy if he doesn't leave. He's been offered to Safc and Boro; wants to stay in NE.

From George Caulkin, the Times' guy in the North East