oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love Harry. There I've said it. Why do people supporting other teams hate him if he fails who cares it's because he gives supporters hope. He signs players that should never play for the clubs he manages and he brings glamour.

Loaded QPR with aging has beens on huge contracts then quit when he knew he couldn't keep them up. Sorry, he had a bad knee that only got bad after he knew he couldn't keep them up.

Loaded Portsmouth with aging has beens and was a major factor in what has happened to them since.

Glamour and hope, funny that because it's exactly what clubs don't have when 'Arry walks off into the sun smelling of roses after he has financially crippled them.

Nothing to do with the crap owners then. They could always say no. It's like giving your lad 10k for a car then blaming him when the bailiffs come round cos you can't afford the payments

There's one common denominator in all of them, that Redknapp. It's not a coincidence.

Confidentiality clause in the Johnson deal

It's becoming clearer with every deal that the club aren't interested in transparency at all, they were interested in taking a shot at the Gazette and that's what they did.

Redknapp just has to be managed correctly by the owner, if he had to work with a budget and wage limit he'd be fine.

With 40m+ to spend and a big wage budget Redknapp would have us promoted this year there's no doubt in my mind about that.

Fulham's alternative to Jota was Mollo at Zenit and as far as we can see ours is hoping LFC change their mind on a Ryan Kent loan I mean if there's a gap in our squad that we can fit Ryan Kent in why can't we start looking at an alternative to fill that gap it's strange and reminiscent of our January window right now where everyone manages to find alternative targets except Boro who chase their no.1 targets to the wire.

With 40m+ to spend and a big wage budget Redknapp would have us promoted this year there's no doubt in my mind about that.

He'd be worse than Strachan!

everyone manages to find alternative targets except Boro who chase their no.1 targets to the wire.

I agree that we did that in January, but it has been different this time round.

Fulham's alternative to Jota was Mollo at Zenit and as far as we can see ours is hoping LFC change their mind on a Ryan Kent loan I mean if there's a gap in our squad that we can fit Ryan Kent in why can't we start looking at an alternative to fill that gap it's strange and reminiscent of our January window right now where everyone manages to find alternative targets except Boro who chase their no.1 targets to the wire.

We don't seem to do back up plans

Middlesbrough are set to complete the signing of Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore #boro #cardiffcity #CCFC

What a weird rumour to make up...

Bookies had Brighton and Everton fighting it out for him....thoughts Borodane? May be gestede to Everton was true and he's a replacement??

One of the worst "footballers" I have ever seen, but it looks like he has made massive improvement since moving to the Championship. Nothing on it in the Danish press though and they too are following the deadline closely. With the amount of strikers we have there can't be any truth in this unless Gestede is moving on.

was the Gook before your time watching then BD  :D

@untypicalboro

The best Marvin since Emnes. Due to a confidentially clause Boro can't reveal the fee, an initial £2.5m rising with Motherwell getting 25%

Oxford might tell Motherwell they only got £250k for him..!

Birmingham have denied any contact over Wilshere, by the way. Not sure if that feeds into them 'winning transfer deadline day'

He'd be worse than Strachan!

everyone manages to find alternative targets except Boro who chase their no.1 targets to the wire.

I agree that we did that in January, but it has been different this time round.

It was different whilst we were paying out the money in June/July and then we've chased Shotton all month with Kent/Ojo besides a little detour to Jota and Marvin there's been no 'new' names crop up really all August that's why I think we're replicating January except instead of Snodgrass it looks like our no.1 is Kent. To be fair it seems Sunderland want Kent on loan as well so maybe there is some signal we have about LFCs willingness to loan that has made us sit tight but you look at how quickly Fulham have moved on from Jota compared to us who seemingly have shrugged it all off and are sat by the phone for Kent or our business is concluded. Still think we've had a good window regardless and Marvin is a big old unit for a winger so I can see he's not a typical lower league winger but I can just see us 1 winger short here and we've fell into our January strategy again.

@untypicalboro

The best Marvin since Emnes. Due to a confidentially clause Boro can't reveal the fee, an initial £2.5m rising with Motherwell getting 25%

Hahaha. Love this. You aren't going to tell us so we'll just put a figure in there. What's the worst than can happen, you correct us in 3 years and ban our reporters.....oh wait...

We don't seem to do back up plans

If we all remember last years deadline when we'd failed to bring in any winger wasn't the story that Aston Villa came in for Adomah and then we started asking AK whether he would want Traore just off the cuff?

I mean I don't understand it we do have an extensive scouting network last I checked but we seem to have abandoned the continent completely under Monk Braithwaite aside. Obviously we don't want a Kamara turning up again but surely there's another winger that can fit the bill for us out there if Monk has said a Kent/Jota is needed then we surely can't sit around to me that seems like he's saying he wants a first team winger this isn't like we're chasing a squad player on deadline day that's why I'm a little concerned by our tactics.