oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Same as everyone else, just feel we are missing something even after all our transfer dealings. And it probably would have only cost about £12-15m for me and that would have been Flint and Jota. Really does look like we are done though

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly think we've had a very good window.

Shipped out the deadwood and brought in quality players. I can't think of a player thats gone that we will miss...

How many people said before the window opened that if we keep Gibson it would be a brilliant window and our best signing?

That looks like potentially happening, also brought in a quality striker, Baker will be a quality replacement for Ramirez imo.

We were so poor against Preston but i honestly think that was down to formation & tactics. Believe we will come good.

Its Transfer Deadline Day and people are rehashing the same arguments about the merits/demerits of the club vs gazette. I dont give a damn about that , if people still want to continue it fine, but will they use a different thread.

Which other thread would you suggest for discussing something to do with transfers? I thought the transfer thread was the ideal place...

no the club vs gazette topic isnt transfer day related, if you want to discuss that topic create a new one and talk about it there.

This is the place to discuss it, don't read it if you don't want to. This page isn't a bloody news website, it's a discussion forum, for discussion.

Ok so we now know that SD will remain part and parcel of the club, do you think he will be utilised a bit more from now on and figure in GM's plans and will fans blame his stance for perhaps not getting "supposed targets" over the line due to his on-going costs?

Personally I have my doubts as to whether or not we will see some super duper performances from Stewy but at the same time I do not want to see him wasting time with the under 23's and getting paid for nowt!

You can also bet your bottom dollar that he will not be going anywhere in January.

The cull to me was not ruthless enough as I really did want to see the back of SD, Forshaw, Leadbitter, the Algerian whose name is on the tip of my tongue and one more but if I mentioned his name no-one would be friends with me!

Well the best thing about today which seems to be not gathering much attention is that Ben Gibson' is still a Boro player!

If we manage to keep him, will be the bedrock of our defense again. The goals will come as the system begins to work. Up the Boro.

I'll be happy if we just sign some random foreign player now, I don't mind if it ends up being the next Tarmo Monk as long as it gives us something to talk about.

I'll be happy if we just sign some random foreign player now, I don't mind if it ends up being the next Tarmo Monk as long as it gives us something to talk about.

Garry's son?

Yep, wanted to call him Tom but also integrate a local delicacy. Tom + Parmo = Tarmo Monk

Besides, even the Gazette know it isn't about transfer fees, so why are we making it about that?

Mainly because that is what the club made it about. Do you deliberately play dumb at times?

It makes little to no difference to me what the club made the original statement about because we know that's not the real reason they are putting restrictions on the Gazette. The Gazette even know that's not the reason and Vickers has reported as such.

The club made a big deal about something, targeting the Gazette. We don't know exactly what the reason is but we do know a couple of things that the reason isn't. So no, I'm not playing dumb, I'm simply asking why continue to discuss what the reason isn't? Surely if you want to continue this debate, you should be continuing to discuss what the actual problem could be.

Besides, even the Gazette know it isn't about transfer fees, so why are we making it about that?

Mainly because that is what the club made it about. Do you deliberately play dumb at times?

It makes little to no difference to me what the club made the original statement about because we know that's not the real reason they are putting restrictions on the Gazette. The Gazette even know that's not the reason and Vickers has reported as such.

The club made a big deal about something, targeting the Gazette. We don't know exactly what the reason is but we do know a couple of things that the reason isn't. So no, I'm not playing dumb, I'm simply asking why continue to discuss what the reason isn't? Surely if you want to continue this debate, you should be continuing to discuss what the actual problem could be.

The club making a big deal about the transfer fees and the club making a big deal about banning the reporters aren't the same thing. Two separate incidents.