oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

So we now have 2 left backs and a guy that can play left back....and Newcastle deal for a left back falls through leaving them no left backs.....not saying it will happen but if I was them I'd be enquiring about fabio or George. Just down the road so easy to get there and both have premier league experience.

Sorry, I just wrote that didn't I!!!

Marvin Johnson can't actually play left back, it was a failed experiment. He literally gave an interview saying he can't defend :D

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So we now have 2 left backs and a guy that can play left back....and Newcastle deal for a left back falls through leaving them no left backs.....not saying it will happen but if I was them I'd be enquiring about fabio or George. Just down the road so easy to get there and both have premier league experience.

Marvin Johnson can't actually play left back, it was a failed experiment. He literally gave an interview saying he can't defend :D

Haha. That's it then, the mags are screwed :D

this marvin johnson signing i'm liking. i've often seen the likes on kante, mahrez, vardy etc and thought why didnt we go for them instead of Leicester. i think this johnson lad could be one of those signings other fans will be thinking the same in a couple of years.

We were very strongly linked with Vardy when he was with Fleetwood, a lot of people were turning up their nose at paying 1 million for him actually.

Ffs can we not turn this in to yet another gazette, transparency, fees debate. Who honestly gives a *** about any of that crap.

I do, everyone should.

Why

Because the club shouldn't be able to get away with making a big fuss about it and about how they'd be transparent and then get away with the *** they pull now.

People were complaining about it before the club said they would be transparent that's why they said it. But why should supporters know or want to know

Haven't been on in a long while but very happy to hear it looks like Gibson's staying. Overall very happy with our transfers - even if Howson isn't up to speed yet. Early in the season, though, and I'm sure he'll show his value over the full campaign. Would ideally have seen Downing moved on, but other than that, solid business by the club, I'd say, giving Monk what he's asked for. Over to him to make it work now.

One other player I'm glad to see staying is Gestede. He was made a bit of a boo-boy last season but he's started this season well and deserves his chance to fight for a place.

Ffs can we not turn this in to yet another gazette, transparency, fees debate. Who honestly gives a *** about any of that crap.

I do, everyone should.

Why

Because the club shouldn't be able to get away with making a big fuss about it and about how they'd be transparent and then get away with the *** they pull now.

People were complaining about it before the club said they would be transparent that's why they said it. But why should supporters know or want to know

Never seen anyone complain before the club made a big deal of it.

It's a bit of an aside today but keeping Adama who we're talking about wanting 15 million for has to be a serious signal that he is going to have to be in Monk's plans now, I mean he now should be at the very least in every matchday squad. I've barely counted Adama in my thinking so far this season but now he has to be considered as a major player I mean who else in our squad could command 10-15 million? I mean if we could coach him on his delivery I don't see why he couldn't start for us especially against bottom half teams he's an X factor in our season that's undeniable he can no longer be set aside for cup games and the odd 10 minutes he's one of our most valuable players.

As a Motherwell fan and season ticket holder of many many years and, now a Boro season ticket holder having moved "down south" almost 20 years ago I feel qualified to join in here on the Marvin Johnson signing.

Motherwell actually paid a transfer fee for Johnson, it might have been £20,000 but that's quite something these days, and he has clearly repaid that royally. At Motherwell he was an out and out left winger who could go on the outside or cut inside. Powerful and fast. Excellent set piece taker. A fan's favourite but a bit of a sour taste left by his antics to force the move to Oxford. Seems he's done the same again ... However, I think it's a great squad signing for Boro. He did superbly in the SPFL and by all account the same in League 1. Can he make an impact in the Championship ? Definitely. No idea what Oxford tried to do with him but no way is he a wing back !

Have a look at the second leg of the 2015 SPFL Premier play off Motherwell v Rangers ... affectionately known in Lanarkshire as the "Marvellous Marv Show". You'll enjoy reminiscing as you also watch Scott McDonald and Stephen McManus...

Give Marvin a chance. He is extremely confident in himself and I think he'll surprise the doubters.

As a Motherwell fan and season ticket holder of many many years and, now a Boro season ticket holder having moved "down south" almost 20 years ago I feel qualified to join in here on the Marvin Johnson signing.

Motherwell actually paid a transfer fee for Johnson, it might have been £20,000 but that's quite something these days, and he has clearly repaid that royally. At Motherwell he was an out and out left winger who could go on the outside or cut inside. Powerful and fast. Excellent set piece taker. A fan's favourite but a bit of a sour taste left by his antics to force the move to Oxford. Seems he's done the same again ... However, I think it's a great squad signing for Boro. He did superbly in the SPFL and by all account the same in League 1. Can he make an impact in the Championship ? Definitely. No idea what Oxford tried to do with him but no way is he a wing back !

Have a look at the second leg of the 2015 SPFL Premier play off Motherwell v Rangers ... affectionately known in Lanarkshire as the "Marvellous Marv Show". You'll enjoy reminiscing as you also watch Scott McDonald and Stephen McManus...

Give Marvin a chance. He is extremely confident in himself and I think he'll surprise the doubters.

Cheers for the info - didn't know a lot about him myself. Here's hoping he does a lot better than McManus and McDonald, mind!

Strangest deadline day ever. All of the sagas appear to be ending in no moves which stops any domino effect. No coutinho move means no Lemar move meaning no Kent move. No van dyke move, so no domino effect there either. Just really quiet for the big boys so the smaller moves possibly involving teams like ourselves haven't happened