oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do, everyone should.

Why

Because the club shouldn't be able to get away with making a big fuss about it and about how they'd be transparent and then get away with the *** they pull now.

People were complaining about it before the club said they would be transparent that's why they said it. But why should supporters know or want to know

Never seen anyone complain before the club made a big deal of it.

I've heard it a few times. Why would they make a statement that they will now do something if no one has ever mentioned it

Why

Because the club shouldn't be able to get away with making a big fuss about it and about how they'd be transparent and then get away with the *** they pull now.

People were complaining about it before the club said they would be transparent that's why they said it. But why should supporters know or want to know

Never seen anyone complain before the club made a big deal of it.

I've heard it a few times. Why would they make a statement that they will now do something if no one has ever mentioned it

Don't know, I'm not the club.

The club didn't even say they would be transparent about everything, that's a complete myth. They said they are 'keen' and they will 'endeavour' to provide transparency, but as Gibson himself said:

We want to be as open as possible with the fans, but know they will appreciate there are occasions when the inappropriate or premature release of information can be detrimental to getting a deal completed.

They've never once said they will provide the facts for every deal. It's just what everyone who's annoyed on the Gazette's behalf have read from their two written statements. Because they chose to step out for this one article and correct two fees mentioned.

The only thing they guaranteed was that the 'most accurate and up to date information' would be provided by the club website. And what's changed there? That's always been the case.

So far a brilliant window with decent money for players we didn't want to keep reinvested in some decent first 11 signings plus some bench options and even a few for the future. Oh and so far kept hold of the players we wanted to keep. What's not to like.

The club didn't even say they would be transparent about everything, that's a complete myth. They said they are 'keen' and they will 'endeavour' to provide transparency, but as Gibson himself said:

We want to be as open as possible with the fans, but know they will appreciate there are occasions when the inappropriate or premature release of information can be detrimental to getting a deal completed.

They've never once said they will provide the facts for every deal. It's just what everyone who's annoyed on the Gazette's behalf have read from their two written statements. Because they chose to step out for this one article and correct two fees mentioned.

The only thing they guaranteed was that the 'most accurate and up to date information' would be provided by the club website. And what's changed there? That's always been the case.

You're fighting a losing battle mate. "As open as possible" doesn't include not telling us costs of players. They could give us the costs. It really is that simple. Other clubs announce fees. We could. That makes the club more open than now so they aren't being as open as possible. Simple.

Edit...in fact the statement says that the club won't reveal costs if it is detrimental to getting the deal done. I'm sorry but once the deal is done then there is absolutely no way announcing the cost can be detrimental to the deal....because it's done!! The statement barely makes sense

You're fighting a losing battle mate. "As open as possible" doesn't include not telling us costs of players. They could give us the costs. It really is that simple. Other clubs announce fees. We could. That makes the club more open than now so they aren't being as open as possible. Simple.

Jesus wept, I've even bolded the two bits of information from Gibson's quote that actually make a difference to his statement and what you should expect and the only bit you've read is the bit that is in plain text. Talk about missing the point.

this marvin johnson signing i'm liking. i've often seen the likes on kante, mahrez, vardy etc and thought why didnt we go for them instead of Leicester. i think this johnson lad could be one of those signings other fans will be thinking the same in a couple of years.

We were very strongly linked with Vardy when he was with Fleetwood, a lot of people were turning up their nose at paying 1 million for him actually.

Karanky would of had Vardy playing deep and tracking back in case the oppo's CB went forward!

Might aswell close the thread. Good summer . Im disappointed we didn't get Jota but we have kept Gibson and Adama for this i am happy. Monk now has a week to bed the new signings in and sort out our problems. We must beat bolton and i hope the fact we have kept Adama means he is going to play him.

Jesus wept, I've even bolded the two bits of information from Gibson's quote that actually make a difference to his statement and what you should expect and the only bit you've read is the bit that is in plain text. Talk about missing the point.

How can announcing the cost of the deal be detrimental to the deal being completed? Once the deal is done it's done. How can releasing the cost hurt the deal then??? What the statement should read is

"I won't let anyone know the cost when i don't want to. I understand that this is contradictory to the previous sentence but...well...tough"