oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see Alex Mowatt has gone to Oxford on loan to replace Johnson. Did that lad just believe his own hype or something? Won all the Player awards at Leeds in 14/15, got the #10 shirt the year after, then lost it the year after before being sold in January to Barnsley. Obviously didn't make much of an impression there either. Now signed by his former assistant manager who possibly didn't even make much of him during the first 6 months to have been party to letting him go.

Bar some mad last hour I'm pretty satisfied with what we have done in the window. Probably lacking that one flair player but overall I can't complain.

I'm glad that it is looking like Traore is staying now that we missed out on Jota. But obviously the biggest success we have had is keeping hold of Gibson. We have built a very good squad and I personally feel it should be good enough to take us up. I have also realised seeing the Bausor smile is the new Boro transfer window tradition.

Ps can we stop closing accounts I have lost 3 rep points at no fault of my own :(.

• Like 1

Burnley apparently got Nahki Wells for £5 million. If accurate that's a great deal for Burnley in this inflated market. They sold Gray for around £17 million so have replaced him for a fraction of that price. Dyche/Burnley are very shrewd and effective in the transfer market.

Are you forgetting Chris Wood?

Chris Wood went for pretty much his market value. Youngish top Championship strikers seem to be around the £15 million level so I wouldn't consider Wood particularly overpriced.

Burnley apparently got Nahki Wells for £5 million. If accurate that's a great deal for Burnley in this inflated market. They sold Gray for around £17 million so have replaced him for a fraction of that price. Dyche/Burnley are very shrewd and effective in the transfer market.

Are you forgetting Chris Wood?

Chris Wood went for pretty much his market value. Youngish top Championship strikers seem to be around the £15 million level so I wouldn't consider Wood particularly overpriced.

I think he's saying you have to figure Chris Wood into the replacing of Gray.

I'm very surprised VVD is still at Southampton. Will be interesting to see what happens with him there. Think he's done himself absolutely no favours by signing a huge contract only to want out a year later.

I'm very surprised VVD is still at Southampton. Will be interesting to see what happens with him there. Think he's done himself absolutely no favours by signing a huge contract only to want out a year later.

Which just goes to show that it's not that easy to get rid of VD let alone VVD...

---------------------Randolph

------------------------Dimi

Christie------Fry-------------Gibson-------Friend

Roberts------Shotton-------Ayala--------Fabio

-----------------------Clayton

----------------------Leadbitter

-------------Baker--------------------Howson

------------Forshaw-----------------Downing

Bamford------Assombalonga-----Braithwaite

Traore--------------Fletcher-------------Johnson

-----------------------Gestede

I think this squad is good enough for the top six, and hopefully the top two. I do think if we are close in December/January that there will be money to improve the areas of the team that need it.

The formation of 4123 is just my own and may not be used by GM.

Even worse when you hear that that contract apparently had a two year period where he couldn't ask to be sold.

I'm happy traore has stayed aswell but I hope it's on good terms and he gets his head down, could just as easily end up with him sulking and disappearing from the first team squad.