oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think Arry has agreed to take Maxime Colin from Brentford as part of the Jota deal. Possibly why he got a lower price than us.

3m apparently they're paying for him. If that's basically a throw in deal then they basically paid 9m for Jota plus this guy as a throw in.

I'm happy traore has stayed aswell but I hope it's on good terms and he gets his head down, could just as easily end up with him sulking and disappearing from the first team squad.

Yeah could end up being another Ramirez situation. It doesn't make sense to me, on Saturday he was either a)deemed to be not good enough to make the squad, or b)had some sort of fall out with Monk.

You'd think the best thing in either situation would be to sell him.

I'm happy traore has stayed aswell but I hope it's on good terms and he gets his head down, could just as easily end up with him sulking and disappearing from the first team squad.

Yeah could end up being another Ramirez situation. It doesn't make sense to me, on Saturday he was either a)deemed to be not good enough to make the squad, or b)had some sort of fall out with Monk.

You'd think the best thing in either situation would be to sell him.

Or c) looked to be going to France before the deal fell through, so Monk didn't put him in the squad.

Some interesting late moves in the Championship. Bryson moves to Cardiff and former Boro lad Butterfield also moves to Sheffield Wednesday, both loan deals from Derby. And Clayton Donaldson has moved on to Sheffield United, great signing for them.

The window's still open in over countries though, I mean there must be some club somewhere that we can send Guediora.

Plus Spain's window closes tomorrow so I wouldn't completly rule out Traore leaving just yet but I suppose it would have to be an absolutely ridiculous deal seeing as we couldn't get a replacement in.

Excellent transfer window. Strengthened key areas. Kept our best players. And a highly rated manager to boot. Plus a solid (albeit unspectacular) 7 points from 4 to open the season. Let's see how our players gel and what formation we settle for in the next dozen or so games before we pass judgement.

Excellent transfer window. Strengthened key areas. Kept our best players. And a highly rated manager to boot. Plus a solid (albeit unspectacular) 7 points from 4 to open the season. Let's see how our players gel and what formation we settle for in the next dozen or so games before we pass judgement.

7 points from 5 unfortunately.

Monk can now get on with his job and concentrate on getting the team into that top 3 or 4 going into Christmas knowing funds will be available if a further push is needed.

Nothing should be allowed to get in the way of that. Barring injuries Monk has options all over the pitch and on the bench. The back line and defensive midfield should pick itself soon, if it doesn't already, but we have numerous options in the front 4 or 5. We just need the forwards to gel into the unstoppable unit we need them to be but all the ingredients are there .

Positive vibes ahead

Guess the only real question that remains is how will Traore respond to not being able to leave.

I hope he proves himself able to get his head down and work now. I imagine this will be something revisited in January regardless.

I have to say that this transfer window has been one of the most disappointing on one particular front... the AKA titles on this thread have been mostly terrible, there have been a lack of puns and some of them have been down-right factual... in previous windows part of the fun has always been trying to work out an ambiguous pun-filled title before getting to the details in the thread itself.

There was the occasional good AKA but on the whole I've been disappointed... mods need to up their game in January ;)