oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I can and i have backed up my claims. Do you want me to just link you to their wiki pages so can systematically run through their career honours and achievements? I'm not going to repeat myself just because you can't back up your own claims. Your claims relating back to '95 are irrelevant too, it was a different period for football and you're clearly not comparing apples with apples. I've no real interest in discussing it further because we're going round in circles and i'm yet to read anything of substance from you, but go ahead and continue your sniping in an attempt to undermine my opinion.

You keep talking about the players they were rather than the players they are now.  It might seem like a good way of not having to back up what you're saying but it really isn't.  I've backed up my opinion in detail.  As usual though you are unable to do the same.  Par for the course I suppose.

What does it matter if it was a different period for football? Those were special signings, that's all we're talking about.  Signing a couple of players past their best that nobody else wanted isn't special.  I understand why you're doing it - to back Steve Gibson - but it's ridiculous really.  We didn't have a go and all of our transfer activity last season is clear evidence of it.  All of it.

I think the real evidence that we didn't give it a go last season is the position we finished in at the end of the season.

It does matter, though. 1995 was the year of the Bosman Ruling. It signified the year globalisation finally reached football in all its entirety. The year when power relations between players, clubs, and agents became more even - and arguably spiralled out of control in the favour of players. 

To quote Alex Ferguson: “Once the [European] Court of Justice ruled that clubs no longer had to pay transfer fees after the expiration of a player's 

contract, all hell broke loose. Suddenly it was a free-for-all”

While the Bosman Ruling doesn't have a clear link to Juninho, it most certainly sparked a revolution within football. 

Also, sorry for being off-topic. Carry on.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Connor Mahoney will choose between #nffc or #Boro - with the latter thought to have a better financial package on offer. [@Nottingham_Post]

Connor Mahoney will choose between #nffc or #Boro - with the latter thought to have a better financial package on offer. [@Nottingham_Post]

Is he any good? I've never heard of him. Only has 21 first team games for Blackburn and 2 youth caps. Another one for the U23?

http://www.nottinghampost.com/connor-mahoney-at-centre-of-tug-of-war-between-nottingham-forest-and-middlesbrough/story-30398684-detail/story.html

here's the news story on it.

Can see it now...We're going to sign him, p*** forest off and then if we're in for Assombalonga they'll drag it out until deadline day then pull the plug :)

Conor Mahoney

20 Year Old

Right Winger (can play Left)

Championship Stats (16/17):

Played: 14

Assists: 3

(197 mins per assist)

PL2 Stats (U23)

Played: 11

Goals: 4

Assists: 2

(157.5 mins per contribution)

Decent stats for a young lad. Strengths are aparently set pieces, crossing and key passes. Likes to dribble, cut inside, and gets fouled often.

If he'd be purely for U23, I reckon he'd go to Forest simply as they'd likely offer more game time. I imagine he'll be competition for a more established RW if he came here.