oneBoro Forum
boksicdink

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

@Chelsea_HQ Middlesbrough forward Adama Traore is close to signing for #Chelsea. [sport]

Hopefully we'll get a bit more than £8m then, rekon they will try and turn him into a wing back.

Hopefully we'll get a bit more than £8m then, rekon they will try and turn him into a wing back.

Owe my god, Traore trying to defend is a scary thought.

He can defend though.

He can defend though.

Indeed. Some of his tackles inside our penalty area last year were superb.

He can defend though.

True in parts but I don't think he's got the concentration and discipline to be trusted for his defending without a full back behind him.

That's the beauty of a back 3, though. Moses isn't a very good defender, he just tracks and lets Azpilicueta do the tackling.

Chelsea fans seem to be saying the same sort of things as us.

That he is going to play wing back or that he doesn't have a football brain?

If he did go to Chelsea, I wonder if there would be a chance of them loaning him straight back as part of the deal. Boro fan's expect him to be the finished article but I'm sure Chelsea don't expect him to walk straight into the team.

Bit of a strange one, moulding him into a wing back. He's a natural dribbler and a speedster in short bursts which aren't what I would say are key attributes of a wing back. That and he's not exactly full of stamina, something which I certainly would say is a key attribute of good wing backs. He burns a lot of energy doing what he does best. And if he's not doing that then why would Chelsea even want him?

I think they're more likely to have him as back up for the front 3, somebody a team like Chelsea can bring on for the final 25 minutes and try to make the most of.

I think loaning him back would be pointless.

It's only worth keeping him now as he is our player and a good season would be beneficial for both parties, getting him on loan would just be a waste of a loan spot and he also becomes a big gamble.

He can defend though.

Really. I wouldn't have him defending as long as he's got a hole in his ***

I wonder if we would be looking to get a Kalas or Chalobah in the deal?! I agree he is hit or miss...one of those deals where however we play it going forward it could go wrong.