oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If there is genuine premier league interest Traore will want to leave, I've no doubt about that.

It will be best for the player and the club, keeping a player against his will is pointless, it always ends badly.

I think sometimes people forget that players are human beings, this isn't a game of football manager, it's the same as when people say "we should just send player x off to China", players have a huge say in which club they join, it's not a slave trade.

Cyrus Christie was good up until this season. Had an off year last year. If he was brought in as competition for Fabio, I'd be content as I'd trust him more than Barragan... Especially on throw ins...

EverythingMFC‏ @EverythingMFC

Boro have expressed an interest in #dcfc defender Cyrus Christie, who is available for around £1.5m. #boro [Telegraph]

i'd take him for that amount

According to Transfermarkt his contract is running out this month.

lol ok, then I'll take him for free  :P

Derby fans reckon he's not very good, Chris Baird gets a start over him.

from what I recall, had a good start and then never got back to form after an injury.

I don;t think the change in manager and tactics have helped him - was excellent under SMacs first time around

I'd be against signing Christie because he doesn't improve on what we have.

Basically agree. We don't need more like for like signings. We need improvements every time we buy a player.

Basically agree. We don't need more like for like signings. We need improvements every time we buy a player.

I'd put a fit Christie as RB ahead of Barraghan as RB.

But would you put him ahead of Fabio? New players should be ahead of our current ones so that the ones we already have need to improve to keep their spots.

Derby fans reckon he's not very good, Chris Baird gets a start over him.

i actually read up on him, the say he cant defend. but his is very good going forward which means he's a miles better option than barragan who cant do either.  :D

I know everyone hates Barraghan but I feel like he'd be ok as a backup to Fabio, he's also pretty good cover at cb.

Right back isn't a priority for me.

But would you put him ahead of Fabio? New players should be ahead of our current ones so that the ones we already have need to improve to keep their spots.

Yes mate, more pace, and determination than Baraghan for me.

I know everyone hates Barraghan but I feel like he'd be ok as a backup to Fabio, he's also pretty good cover at cb.

Right back isn't a priority for me.

Agreed, as a defender Barragan is fine, its going forward that is his issue. We need to remember he played behind Traore and Stuani, neither of which really helped him out. Traore left him exposed at times and although Stuani does the defending, he's limited going forward so Barragan always had to push up with him. I think he would have performed better with someone more competent going back and forward, like Adomah.

He has spent the vast majority of his career playing top flight football for a reason. Keep him off throw ins though.