oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Daily Star quoting an italian paper saying Man Utd are interested in De Roon http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/625435/Manchester-United-Middlesbrough-Marten-De-Roon-Transfer-Gossip-Rumours-Latest-MUFC-News

Really can't see that happening.

TuttoMercatoWeb are usually good with transfers, and Jose did single out De Roon for a lot of praise when we played them.

Well they also say he is earning 40k and is available at 8.8 million which I find very hard to believe. Even the Gazette are saying today Boro will be looking at 12 million and doesn't even mention the release clause which TeamTalk somehow know exists.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daily Star quoting an italian paper saying Man Utd are interested in De Roon http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/625435/Manchester-United-Middlesbrough-Marten-De-Roon-Transfer-Gossip-Rumours-Latest-MUFC-News

TuttoMercatoWeb are usually good with transfers, and Jose did single out De Roon for a lot of praise when we played them.

Well they also say he is earning 40k and is available at 8.8 million which I find very hard to believe. Even the Gazette are saying today Boro will be looking at 12 million and doesn't even mention the release clause which TeamTalk somehow know exists.

£40k is pretty much what I'd expect him to be on. £8.8m is €10m so that could be true and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he does have a relegation release clause, he was a big money signing, he will have wanted assurances of what would happen in this situation.

Middlesbrough have made a £8m bid for Nottingham Forest striker Britt Assombalonga. Forest holding out for £10m. (The Sun) #boro #nffc

GIVE THEM THE £10m

Of all the times for us to decide to hard ball negotiate and skimp a m or 2 back we decide to do it on an in demand top championship striker with every attribute we lack. Why couldn't we have tried this with *** Guedioura?

You make it sound like 2 million is pocket change :s OF course we are negotiating. It's not like Assombalonga is more willing to come just because we agree a fee a few days quicker. If the Prem interest is genuine he will obviously know that

Where was this negotiation over Gestede and Guedioura? Why are we happy to overpay on dross but try to scrimp and save on a proven championship striker?

Are the club really valuing Assombalonga at only £2m more than Gestede? If I was Britt and heard that it would put me off coming here.

Looking like a lot of outgoings:

Valdes, Guzan, Barragan, Downing, DeRoon, Ramirez, Traore, Negredo, Fischer? Gibson?

Linked with moves Ayala and Friend.

Have I missed anyone?

pretty much everyone signed last summer going. i wonder where it all went wrong  :D

i'm not even bothered about any of them leaving, except for barragan and gaston who i'd cheer off.

clear the squad, it leaves lots of wage wiggle and plenty of slots free to fill with monks chosen players. its almost a dream job, big wages and big fees available to sign his star men.

Middlesbrough have made a £8m bid for Nottingham Forest striker Britt Assombalonga. Forest holding out for £10m. (The Sun) #boro #nffc

GIVE THEM THE £10m

Of all the times for us to decide to hard ball negotiate and skimp a m or 2 back we decide to do it on an in demand top championship striker with every attribute we lack. Why couldn't we have tried this with *** Guedioura?

You make it sound like 2 million is pocket change :s OF course we are negotiating. It's not like Assombalonga is more willing to come just because we agree a fee a few days quicker. If the Prem interest is genuine he will obviously know that

I don't make it sound like pocket change, the grossly inflated fees players are sold for today do. No *** we are negotiating and have done so for every player, please can you share the rest of your findings with us Mr Holmes?

£40k is pretty much what I'd expect him to be on. £8.8m is €10m so that could be true and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he does have a relegation release clause, he was a big money signing, he will have wanted assurances of what would happen in this situation.

But that release clause isn't going to be lower than what we paid for him. If it is then I think the 12 million we reportedly paid was including various bonusses that we are not due to pay now. And he has a wage reduction clause like everyone else. And didn't he say in an interview he was on a modest pay for Prem standards, but maybe 40k is modest nowadays. Anyways I doubt he is in more than 30k now, maybe even less depending on the wage reduction clause.

We are actually losing a good proportion of our first team!

Valdes/Guzan gone

Chambers gone baragan nearly going

De Roon looks to be going

Adama possibly going as well

Negrado gone

Probs others but hope we have a plan to bring others in.

GIVE THEM THE £10m

I don't make it sound like pocket change, the grossly inflated fees players are sold for today do. No *** we are negotiating and have done so for every player, please can you share the rest of your findings with us Mr Holmes?

:huh:

GIVE THEM THE £10m

Where was this negotiation over Gestede and Guedioura? Why are we happy to overpay on dross but try to scrimp and save on a proven championship striker?

Are the club really valuing Assombalonga at only £2m more than Gestede? If I was Britt and heard that it would put me off coming here.

Who knows what those deals includes. Maybe most of the Guediora fee was subject to survival, appearances etc. But just because we paid too much on previous deals doesn't mean we shouldn't try to negotiate a lower fee on another player. The club can't win can they? It's either "just pay what they want" or "oh why didn't they negotiate a lower fee".

We are actually losing a good proportion of our first team!

Valdes/Guzan gone

Chambers gone baragan nearly going

De Roon looks to be going

Adama possibly going as well

Negredo gone

Probs others but hope we have a plan to bring others in.

i've bolded the players who slightly improved us last season.  chambers was inferior to gibson and a fit ayala is a better player than both imo.

we have paddy back in the championship with gestede and britt possibly signing wed have the best strike force in the division imo.

we need a new right back cant do worse than barragan, and  2 CBs, if gibbo goes.  a better midfielder would be nice but same as forever we need wide men.

GIVE THEM THE £10m

Who knows what those deals includes. Maybe most of the Guediora fee was subject to survival, appearances etc. But just because we paid too much on previous deals doesn't mean we shouldn't try to negotiate a lower fee on another player. The club can't win can they? It's either "just pay what they want" or "oh why didn't they negotiate a lower fee".

The club can win, by signing players who improve us for the going rate. Not by trying to scrimp and save on prices whilst allowing other teams to potentially come in with offers.

The issue with Gestede and Guedioura is that we overpaid for players that we knew for certain weren't going to improve our first team.