oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Serious question. Is there anyway back for Ramirez?

Think there probably is a way back for him. Would take a hell of a lot of win the fans back. Although that being said, football is a fickle game at times and I'm sure if he started banging them in again everyone would soon forgive.

Personally though, Id like to get rid. Who knows who caused all the unrest last year but I want a fresh team and ethos under Monk. Happy to see Barragan going, Ramirez can follow, and anyone else that doesn't want to be here.

I'd like to keep on to De Roon and Gibson obviously, but if they don't want to be here, shake their hand and get a good fee. I want 100% commitment and hunger from the players this year, as let's be honest, that's what annoyed the majority of us the most last season.

I wouldn't want to rely on Ramirez. He's a great player at this level, undoubtedly the best number 10 in the league and if his head was properly screwed on and reliable he'd be a huge asset. Unfortunately we can't trust him and there's no way we can risk our promotion hopes on him being a key part of the team.

I can't forgive his gutless performances last season, goals and assists won't make me forget them. Take the highest offer and get them gone. I'd rather take someone who is significantly less talented who will give 100% week in week out than Gaston whose mood may change with the wind.

If Be happy for Ramirez to stay on, a front 4 of him, bamford, assombalonga and someone else would be about as good as it gets. Would save us an absolute fortune trying to replace him aswell.

The only issues are reliability, what's to say he won't throw a strop again by November?

Also behind the scenes, do the players even like him? It could upset half the team if we kept him on.

Tough one that only monk will know how to deal with.

If he openly aplologises to Middlesbrough Football Club and to each and every fan who ploughed their hard earned money to watch his spineless performances last season I might be willing to give him a chance. But he won't so he can *** off.

Not seen much of this Flint. Uwe, you seem to know a loft about Bristol City. What are your thoughts?

Defensively he's a no nonsense get rid and win everything in the air centre back. On his day is as good as Ayala. And I'd be happy for him to slot in beside Gibbo or even Dani from the championship year

Attacking he scores a lot from corners and free kicks in the final 3rd. His main goal stats come from the season they were promoted from league 1 where I think he scored about 15 goals which is mental for a CB. (Although they were the best squad in that league by far) including a hat trick in the final day against Swindon iirc.

Overall I'd be happy with him and would expect him to grab 5-7 goals in a championship season.

Manga has just signed a new contract at Cardiff. I know there were a few on here fancied the idea of bringing him here.

Not seen much of this Flint. Uwe, you seem to know a loft about Bristol City. What are your thoughts?

Defensively he's a no nonsense get rid and win everything in the air centre back. On his day is as good as Ayala. And I'd be happy for him to slot in beside Gibbo or even Dani from the championship year

Attacking he scores a lot from corners and free kicks in the final 3rd. His main goal stats come from the season they were promoted from league 1 where I think he scored about 15 goals which is mental for a CB. (Although they were the best squad in that league by far) including a hat trick in the final day against Swindon iirc.

Overall I'd be happy with him and would expect him to grab 5-7 goals in a championship season.

If we are after someone like that I would suggest Lasse Sobiech from St.Pauli. Same style of defender but better, has scored at a quicker rate than Flint over the last two seasons and will probably will be a lot cheaper too.

Manga has just signed a new contract at Cardiff. I know there were a few on here fancied the idea of bringing him here.

Shame that. I find it a little hard to believe we couldn't have competed with Cardiff in terms of wages and opportunity for promotion. But he's been there a long time, perhaps he's just settled.

As for Rob Green, didn't he play pretty well last season by all accounts? Wouldn't be my first choice, but wouldn't totally mind as I want Ripley to have the no. 1 jersey anyway.