oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daniel Bentley would indicate us virtually giving up on Ripley, which would be strange after how well he did last year.

Not necessarily. He will be given a chance to impress. We won't guarantee Bentley a start if Ripley does better.

Just to add to my previous post, I wouldn't be against it at all, Bentley is a better keeper than we currently have in my opinion.

I heard at the back end of last season that we had a bid rejected, but it didn't make any headlines.

At the time Brentford were in the chance to make the play offs so didn't even entertain the interest.

Same person has mentioned to me that we have renewed our interest.

Daniel Bentley would indicate us virtually giving up on Ripley, which would be strange after how well he did last year.

Not necessarily. He will be given a chance to impress. We won't guarantee Bentley a start if Ripley does better.

Yes necessarily, unless we're planning on wasting money again.

Bentley is younger that Ripley, more experienced than Ripley, better that Ripley and will cost £3m. If we're spending £3m on a keeper he is first choice. Why spend the money if the club are confident with Ripley?

Yes necessarily, unless we're planning on wasting money again.

Bentley is younger that Ripley, more experienced than Ripley, better that Ripley and will cost £3m. If we're spending £3m on a keeper he is first choice. Why spend the money if the club are confident with Ripley?

Yeah he will obviously have a head start but we're not dishing out guarantees. While he is definately better atm he'll know that Ripley will itching to take over. I get what you mean though.

Nothing wrong with healthy competition.

Is Bentley the player you were referring to the other week when you said we are hoping to bring in a player that will improve the starting XI?

Is Bentley the player you were referring to the other week when you said we are hoping to bring in a player that will improve the starting XI?

I think the player Humpty was referring to was Charlie Taylor?

I think the player Humpty was referring to was Charlie Taylor?

Aiden Flint?

He looks excellent in this highlight video, what stands out was Brentford's defence looks awful so he's regularly left exposed and saving one on ones rather than just long distance efforts.

Been a fan of Bentley's since he was a kid at Southend and broke through into the first team. Would be pretty psyched if we got him... Premiership regular in waiting that lad. Could get there with us here, or make us a pretty penny in a few years. Exactly the sort of deal we should be looking to push through.