oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Interesting bit in Tallentire's article about our attacking midfield options. When talking about Stuani, he says:

Boro already have Patrick Bamford and Rudy Gestede pushing for a place in attack and if the club are successful in signing Britt Assombalonga, competition for places will be even more cut throat.

It's noticeable that he doesn't say 'if the club sign a striker', but names Assombalonga specifically. I get the feeling it might be quite close.

If we sign him it will be a record transfer fee... was chatting with some boro fans at York yesterday and we will be paying 16mil to get him... apparently

His injury record is a big concern for me, no doubting his ability but 69 games (league and cup) in 3 full championship seasons isn't good, it makes him a big risk imo, and a risk that intensifies as his banded figure/fee increases.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was only one injury with Assombalonga. 14/15 season and it kept him out for over a year, so barring that his record has been excellent and he's shown no signs of a loss of touch since returning.

Here; Transfermarkt. Literally only the one.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/britt-assombalonga/verletzungen/spieler/186172

Yeh it was serious ligament damage iirc and kept him out for a season and a half. No sign of loss of speed or touch like you said and no reoccurrence suggests that it has healed well.

It was only one injury with Assombalonga. 14/15 season and it kept him out for over a year, so barring that his record has been excellent and he's shown no signs of a loss of touch since returning.

He was out for 2 months with a calf injury and has had hamstring problems too

Anyone else been told the Johnstone deal has stalled?? Also the Howson transfer has changed as Norwich want between 6/7million from us.

No, but then I'm not pretending to be ITK on here.  I did read both things elsewhere though if that helps.

Anyone else been told the Johnstone deal has stalled?? Also the Howson transfer has changed as Norwich want between 6/7million from us.

No, but then I'm not pretending to be ITK on here.  I did read both things elsewhere though if that helps.

Thanks for that

He was out for 2 months with a calf injury and has had hamstring problems too

As far as I can see the calf injury was only 1 month? Hurt it late August, was back in training in October.

I am in no way ITK but I have heard that Assombalonga is closer than we are led to believe, player has agreed and is keen just waiting for clubs to agree over fee etc

I am in no way ITK but I have heard that Assombalonga is closer than we are led to believe, player has agreed and is keen just waiting for clubs to agree over fee etc

I always did love beards.

Snodgrass all over again :)

I am seriously not doubting your info, more wary that the player agreeing on a deal doesn't equate to deal being anywhere closer to being done. We heard with at least Bojan and Snodgrass in January that the player had somewhat agreed personal terms and a fee/deal with the club was all that was left to be agreed upon.

I'd just like to see a bid accepted!