oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I am in no way ITK but I have heard that Assombalonga is closer than we are led to believe, player has agreed and is keen just waiting for clubs to agree over fee etc

Wouldn't surprise me, it's probably just an informal discussion between us and his agent. I'm sure we could accommodate his wage demands and he'd probably want to play here if Forest agree to sell.

Agreeing a fee with Forest will be the hard bit and gives other clubs a chance to nip in ahead of us.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't go sticking money on it or anything, as I said I'm not ITK I have just been told this by someone who said they heard it from someone on the Nottingham side of things.

Could be hearsay.. Could be legit..

Was just nice to have a bit of excitement on a quiet Sunday

I wouldn't go sticking money on it or anything, as I said I'm not ITK I have just been told this by someone who said they heard it from someone on the Nottingham side of things.

Hope it's true but then it could end up as

I'd love to sign for boro very keen me

Everton want you

Not as keen as I was though

If we have spoken to his agent then surely Forest will have given their permission, indicating that the two clubs are discussing a potential deal. If they weren't keen to sell we couldn't talk to the player/agent about details in the contract.

Think we might end up paying more than £16m for Assombalonga, Forest fan I know reckons they'll hold out for £20m+ (if that figure includes add-ons I'd be okay with that.)

Most on the Forest forum think somewhere between 10-12m guarenteed then another few mil from promotion etc

Everton want you

You make it sound like that's an unreasonable reaction.

Everton want you

I know, I'd be worried about a player's lack of ambition/confidence or them beng only in it for an easier payday if they chose to come to us over a PL side.

Totally expecting whatever our first official bid for Assombalonga is to be rejected but we'll get him in the end :)

Aiden McGeady off to Sunderland for £4.5m according to Fourth Official on Twitter.

Do they even have a striker anymore? Borini, anichebe and Defoe all gone.

Everton want you

No. Wouldn't be unreasonable at all. And that's why I think players don't sign really early. They wait to see if options present themselves