oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

For this, I am happy. My Norwich supporting friends are very sad to see him leaving as he's been their player of the season a few times but accept that his desire is to move closer to home

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For this, I am happy. My Norwich supporting friends are very sad to see him leaving as he's been their player of the season a few times but accept that his desire is to move closer to home

Yeah. The only negative for me is that with a (almost certain to be?) starting midfielder signing, and Clayton an obvious name on the teamsheet, it means De Roon is almost definitely off. Unless we continue to play 3 in the middle.

I understand De Roon (or his agent) is probably pushing for a move, but I think he'd be great at this level.

Raf anything on Assombalonga?

I know the howson stuff from a contact i have at norwich board level. Assombolonga all i know is we have spoken to his agent but its notts forest holding out they trying to get bidding war but that was couple of days ago

Mcgeady would be decent to have on the bench to cover either wing, not really a league smasher though.

And certainly no better than Downing IMO.

He's streets ahead of Downing, there is no way he could contribute 15+ goals/assists like Mcgeady did last year in a mediocre side.

Mcgeady would be decent to have on the bench to cover either wing, not really a league smasher though.

And certainly no better than Downing IMO.

Except Downing didn't score 8 and assist 9 when he played in the Championship, and McGeady did.

But the year before that, at Wednesday, McGeady got 1 goal and 0 assists in half a season at Wednesday. So who's to say last season wasn't a one-off?

I don't have anything against him, I just think if we had him and Downing, their records would be similar. McGeady is probably a better player, but is he the best available to us?

Tbf though Tom its a bit different when he'd went from August through to February without playing any football then played bits and pieces at Wednesday. He had a full pre and regular season at Preston and did well, Downing had the same and did very little, in a much better team too.

Tbf though Tom its a bit different when he'd went from August through to February without playing any football then played bits and pieces at Wednesday. He had a full pre and regular season at Preston and did well, Downing had the same and did very little, in a much better team too.

Yeah that's true. I'm just wary of signing an ageing winger with a hit-and-miss record when we are on the verge of releasing an ageing winger with a hit-and-miss record. I'm not convinced either are the answer, though I accept that McGeady at least is coming off the back of a strong season.

I've seen a lot of mcgeady in an Ireland shirt and I'm not fussed on him being here. He's got lots of flair and very little else, he did ok last season as a top dog but he'll do nothing in a team hunting for auto promotion in my opinion. Far better sticking with Adama who is quite similar in style but with a lot more strength, pace and potential. Similar end products though ha (last season excluded)

Things are starting to look up!

Howson almost done and heavily linking with Assombalonga and Gunter!

3 players that definitely improve the starting 11!

Fingers crossed we get all 3

If we can wrap up deals for Assombalonga, Howson, Gunter and maybe McGeady I'll be absolutely buzzing. If can manage to keep the majority of the rest (De Roon and Gibson to go) we'll have a squad more than capable of getting promoted with the right management.

(Quietly) optimistic with the way things are going.