oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Downing to Bham is picking up pace down south... may even get a free transfer.

If he goes it will definitely be a free transfer.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Downing to Bham is picking up pace down south... may even get a free transfer.

Will save a bundle on wages though. No use spending all that money on a player that's not going to start any games.

Was just thinking there after someone mentioned the big fee signing since we haven't spent much yet. Is there a possibility there won't be a big money signing.

Think about it like this, if we keep the squad as it is, we have a proven top striker, 2 proven top championship midfielders and 2 proven top championship CBs.

That's before you add gaston who is probably to good for the league, traore who has huge potential and the possible ojo loan.

Imo we have already a better team than our promotion winning one and that's with barely any signings. I know ideally we need 2 or 3 others, but those others could potentially come as loans and there will be no big money signing.

West Ham have rejected an approach from Middlesbrough for goalkeeper Darren Randolph.

[via @TheSunFootball]

wow we really are kicking every tire on the goalkeeper front, good for us.

De Roon's replacement has already been signed, and we know for a fact he suits this league down to the ground. If we make a profit on MdR then we've done some good business.

As the squad stands currently, I'd say we definitely need a GK, FB, and a LW. Potentially a CB, RW and only a striker if it's a real top quality talent. CB options of Gibson/Ayala/Baptiste/Fry currently... It *could* be good enough, but God only knows how many games Baptiste can play in a season, as well as question marks over wether he has the quality (after his recent injury) to be part of a Championship chasing defence. And Fry needs blooding in, but not too much too soon - so another CB option would be ideal, but not a top priority - unless Gibson does move on.

Linked List for those positions (who're still available):

GK

Kieran Westwood

Karl Darlow

David Bentley

Darren Randolph

FB

Joe Bryan

LW

Sheyi Ojo

Martin Braithwaite

---

CB

Kyle Bartley

Charlie Mulgrew

Tom Lees

Aden Flint

Nathan Baker

RW:

???

ST:

Britt Assombalonga

Dwight Gayle

Cameron Jerome

West Ham have rejected an approach from Middlesbrough for goalkeeper Darren Randolph.

[via @TheSunFootball]

wow we really are kicking every tire on the goalkeeper front, good for us.

Aye, and to be honest, they're all of a pretty good standard. Randolph is better than most of the names mentioned thus far for me...

I'd personally go for Lee Grant though :P

Our GK search is starting to look desperate. I think we'll be regretting not pushing for one of Stockdale or Ruddy earlier.

Wouldn't call going for Rudolph as desperate. He's a more than capable Premier League GK. He's West Ham's best GK.

Don't West Ham have Adrian?

No way is Randolph better than him, most underrated keeper in that league along with begovic.

Adrian is prone to the odd howler. He's lost his place to Randolph more than once. West Ham fans prefer Randolph out of the two.