oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I think Gaston might be properly back in the fold. Whether he should be or not is up for debate, but if he's here and playing behind the striker, with Howson or even Downing as backup, we don't need anyone else for the No 10 role.

I really wouldn't want to go into the season with just Gaston and Downing as our two no 10s. Howson should be playing CM. Definatley need someone else. Hopefully Downing leaves and his wages can be spent on someone better.

The Gazette have said that No 10 is Howson's favoured position.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Gaston might be properly back in the fold. Whether he should be or not is up for debate, but if he's here and playing behind the striker, with Howson or even Downing as backup, we don't need anyone else for the No 10 role.

I really wouldn't want to go into the season with just Gaston and Downing as our two no 10s. Howson should be playing CM. Definatley need someone else. Hopefully Downing leaves and his wages can be spent on someone better.

Norwich fans I've seen talk about him seemed to think he was best as a straight up midfielder, I assume we're planning on having Clayton hold with Howson slightly in front as more of a box to box.

That's how imagined Howson. He'll provide another creative option through the middle behind a "10"

Yeah, fair enough. The Gazette have, on more than one occasion, put Forshaw forward as a No 10 option too.  :s

Alright lads, I've been AWOL for a week - can anyone give me a round-up of where things are, and any current semi-reputable rumours?

Last I remember we were close to signing Howson and were stepping up our pursuit of Christie. I see both of those have now signed, but also Bernardo is gone? £4 million is alright considering he barely played for a year, but I'm quite disappointed with that transfer and I can't quite believe the number of players we're gonna have to recruit still. Feel like we're very thin on the ground.

And what of Assombalonga? Last I remember Burnley got a bid of petty cash and some of Sean Dyche's beard fluff rejected by Forest, but now I read about Watford...

Assombalonga is sounding more and more likely according to multiple sources.

We're going hard after goalies and have enquired after westwood, darlow and Randolph as of this point.

Also some reports of Martin braithwaite but they've gone quiet lately.

That's it for concrete rumours really right now.

Also ojo from Liverpool looks likely to come in on loan (you forgot that one ;). )

Yep you're right! Other than that I think I got them all :p

Thanks for the updates guys. Glad it looks like we're finally moving for a winger or two. Not seen huge amounts of Ojo but from what I have, and what I have heard, he could be a great option. Potentially the kind of player that could flourish playing again in this league, though still a bit of a gamble like Traore.

The gazette are thick as ***

Agree I see howson as a cm aswell, in karankas time here leadbitter seemed to be the one to push forward from cm and link up the play in the final 3rd, imagine howson doing that job.

Unless we do go with 433 then I'd think forshaw would do that job with howson being far more advanced.

Its clear to see that the majority of our money will be spent upfront and on the creative players. Christie 2m, Howson 5m and a goalkeeper for 5m we have spent bugger all so far.

We've signed a GK for £5m? Have I missed something?

Its clear to see that the majority of our money will be spent upfront and on the creative players. Christie 2m, Howson 5m and a goalkeeper for 5m we have spent bugger all so far.

Probably true, we could keep the same back 4 (plus Fabio/Christie) and maybe just loan a CB if Gibson stays. Another thing is that brewitt was apparently pretty close to liverpools first team squad so he could surprise a few and get some games next season.

The big move will be a striker and probably another decent name forward or 2 depending on gaston and adama.

Assombalonga, gaston, bamford and ojo is a pretty decent front 4 plus traore with the 3 main ones likely to get 15 goals each at least.

#Boro fans. Assombalonga. So I'm told club are extremely confident in landing the forward. Fee of around £15 million.

41.3k followers

Dude is followed by sky sports Scotland and Keith downie

Doesn't mean much but interesting non the less.