oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

EXCLUSIVE

Am I allowed to call an exclusive on an article from a source I disregarded 5 minutes ago? haha

Boro line up deal for Lorient right back Steven Moreira.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/1260866/middlesbrough-boss-garry-monk-lining-up-3million-deal-for-lorient-right-back-steven-moreira/

Seems a little weird to spend 3m on another RB after bringing in Christie but sure, let's do it.

If the rumours of fabio being offered around are true, having another fullback who can play both positions will be needed.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EXCLUSIVE

Am I allowed to call an exclusive on an article from a source I disregarded 5 minutes ago? haha

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/1260866/middlesbrough-boss-garry-monk-lining-up-3million-deal-for-lorient-right-back-steven-moreira/

"He has also been successful in bagging Nottingham Forest striker Britt Assombalonga but Moreira would add to his options at full-back."

The Sun seem pretty confident that Assombalonga is now more or less a Boro player. Assombalonga, Braithwaite and Ojo, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do! And there's probably a few more signings to come! Still think Ramirez, Traore and MdR will be off though.

Fabio was brought in as LB cover for Friend remember. It could be that we're actually planning on using him there.

The only reason I'd disregard the 4-3-3 is because why get rid of Fischer who is perfect in that role as a left sided inside forward?

For me I think Monk is moulding a team together that has options for either a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2, which he can go between depending on who were against and could also switch between during games depending on how the game is going!

Basically doing everything Karanka refused to do

Because Braithwaite is a wide striker as oppose to an inside forward (winger). We'd essentially be playing 3 strikers, but with two who are capable of, and naturally adapted to, making things happen from the pockets of space on the flanks - Paddy and Braithwaite are two archetypal 4-3-3 flanking forwards.

Either way, I think the beauty is that the signing of Howson alone gives us so many options in the middle of the park that we become almost instantly more fluid and dynamic. If we set out with Howson in the 4-4-3, it's easily switchable to 4-2-3-1 with more natural width. If we set out with Ramirez at 10 n a 4-2-3-1, it's easy to have him collect the ball from deeper, make things happen, and essentially switch up to the 4-3-3; even transitioning between the two throughout a game.

Monk's played both systems effectively, and I for one am quite excited at a more dynamic, fluid system which can be utilised in several different ways. I've mentioned Paddy/Braithwaite, but think Adama and Ramirez could also be considered as alternative possibilities for the flanks. I know Gastson tore up this league at 10, but he also played some of his best football last season on the left. To be honest, if we did utilise the 4-3-3, I'd be up for keeping Downing on... think he's more suited to that advanced, creative CM role than being a winger in these latter stages of his career.

Fabio was brought in as LB cover for Friend remember. It could be that we're actually planning on using him there.

And he's been far more productive there throughout his career.

Can apparently cover LB aswell, could mean that Fabio stuff was true.

and for 3 million, so we can get a fullback to replace him for cheap just like i said we would/could. hopefully hes decent and not another hoyte/barragan.

i think fabio stuff is true. hes just not strong enough at defending,  i think monk is culling everyone who he feels wont fit.

Fabio played at RB against Oxford, with Baptiste at LB

bap stood in at left back in pre season last year to. i though he looked a decent player. full of energy and strong. glad hes with us again.

bap stood in at left back in pre season last year to. i though he looked a decent player. full of energy and strong. glad hes with us again.

TalkSport this morning reporting that Marco Silva will be putting in a £12m bid for the Ass

Do we think Braithwaite will be announced today.

I think it's a slight gamble to wait until Monday to sign Assombalonga. Let's get it done now and stop anyone else from having a sniff

Do we think Braithwaite will be announced today.

I think it's a slight gamble to wait until Monday to sign Assombalonga. Let's get it done now and stop anyone else from having a sniff

Don't think its as easy as that to be honest. Forest will be well aware there is plenty of interest and will use that to get the best deal possible.

EXCLUSIVE

Seems a little weird to spend 3m on another RB after bringing in Christie but sure, let's do it.

Not really when Christie is the only actual right back in the squad, isn't he? We only have 3 full backs in the first team squad. Said before that considering Fabio as both left and right is just asking for trouble, as was seen when we sold Nsue without replacing him.

Jonathon Taylor Retweeted

Paul Taylor

Boro clearly very keen to sign Britt. But don't get feeling any deal is over the line quite just yet, even if they offer most money #nffc

He's probably holding out for a Premier League move. If a Burnley or Watford match our bid and match us for wages he'll probably head to the Prem. Can't blame him if he does.