oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Braithwaite

Graeme Bailey saying Braithwaite and Assomablonga likely to cost £25m. Add that to our £6m on Howson and £2.5m on Christie we're well on our way to eclipsing £40m with more signings still to come. Still think there'll be significant outgoings though to help balance the books a little bit.

Bernado, Fischer, De Sart, Husband and Barragan have covered Howson and Christie, Braithwaite is the first actual expenditure. Just selling De Roon will keep our net spend well below 20m

Doesn't Rhodes cover Braithwaite?

I think De Roon is as good as gone, personally. Can't see any other reason why he wouldn't have played yesterday unless he's carrying a knock. My guess is that Fiorentina (linked the other day I think) have come in with a bid matching our valuation in the last day or 2, which has allowed us to move along with the Braithwaite and Assombalonga deals.

As much as I really grew to like De Roon last season, if selling him funds moves for Braithwaite and Assombalonga I'll be happy enough. We now have plenty of cover for centre midfield with Clayton, Howson, Forshaw, Leadbitter and Guedioura. And to be honest if I was to choose the best pairing, including De Roon, I'd be playing Clayton and Howson ahead of him.

Also think we will see either Stuani or Gestede go. My guess would be Stuani. I think Gestede would be a better option to have off the bench.

Forest fan I know reckons Burnley about to drop 20m on Assombalonga. Not sure how reliable but a heads up not to get hopes up if that's true.

This might explain Braithwaite happening very suddenly too.

no way Burnley will offer 20 mill when they would get him for 15 mill.

It tends to be if transfers drag on a long time the less likely that they happen - seems to be the case with Assombalonga - the longer it goes on the less likely it feels like it will happen.

But impressed with our business so far anyway, seem like we are working in a good way and are getting some main targets in with plenty of time to get to know squad and settle in. So far so good... more of the same please!

george miller signing for u23's. just looked for a video of him. i found a video of his manager talking about him after he made his debut. seems this lad had a very good attitude and has earned himself a real chance coming here. well done to him.