oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

george miller signing for u23's. just looked for a video of him. i found a video of his manager talking about him after he made his debut. seems this lad had a very good attitude and has earned himself a real chance coming here. well done to him.

28 appearances and 7 goals in League 1 last season at only 18 years old is pretty decent. A goal every 150 mins. Must have some talent about him.

Google translate on the De Roon article:

Fiorentina, in search of a midfielder, was on the trail of Martin De Roon (Middlesbrough) on which was Atalanta. We are looking for a match with the British.

Sounds like they're trying to agree a price. I hope we hold firm.

If our net spend is £16m (including if Britt signs) then selling de roon would cover about 80% of that £16m, plus we could get a bit for Fabio and I rekon one of stuani and gestede will leave which should cover any incoming keeper.

Meaning we could virtually revamp the whole team in almost the best way possible for barely any net spend. Excellent business!

The problem is, as it stands the squad has 18 players unless you include Fry, Cooke, Pattison and Chapman. This means I think that we need at least 8 more players in. That doesn't take in to account any more players leaving such as Traore, De Roon, Fabio etc. Do you all agree with a squad of around 26 without under 23s

The problem is, as it stands the squad has 18 players unless you include Fry, Cooke, Pattison and Chapman. This means I think that we need at least 8 more players in. That doesn't take in to account any more players leaving such as Traore, De Roon, Fabio etc. Do you all agree with a squad of around 26 without under 23s

23 would do for me - 2 for each position plus extra keeper.

And if you have 3 main CBs I'd be happy with Fry as the 4th - though for his development a loan would be preferable.

i included the following

Dimi

Ripley

Christie

Leadbitter

Stuani

Ayala

Baptiste

Gibson

Forshaw

Gestede

Bamford

Clayton

Friend

Howson

Downing

Traore

Ramirez

but the following may well leave

De pena

Guedioura

Mejias

De Roon

Fabio

Watched this video and one thing that stood out for me is he can finish with both feet, scored 6 with his right and 4 with his left. Such an advantage, nothing i hate more than seeing a professional player passing instead of shooting or struggling to get a shot off trying to adjust because he can't use his other foot.

Ripley

Christie

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

De Roon

Howson

Clayton

Bamford

Assombalonga

Braithwaite

Looks tasty.

I don't think that team would be effective against a team that purely looks to defend against us, which a lot of teams will. We can have all the pace in the World in the front 3 but it's no good if they have 11 men packed inside their box. It would have maybe worked last season when we were on the back foot for the majority of the game, but I have my doubts over how effective Braithwaite will be for us against those sorts of teams.

Howson is creative and can score from anywhere.

Bamford can get past anyone with a trick or two.

Assombalonga, strong and quick.

If needed, Traore can play and it doesn't matter how defensive you want to be, he will beat people.

We'll have the tools to play any way.

Howson is creative and can score from anywhere.

Bamford can get past anyone with a trick or two.

Assombalonga, strong and quick.

If needed, Traore can play and it doesn't matter how defensive you want to be, he will beat people.

We'll have the tools to play any way.

yes and if these tools struggle we put the best cf in the league at heading on the pitch and pump balls into him. safe to say this coming season we wont be stuck for plan B.