oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem is, as it stands the squad has 18 players unless you include Fry, Cooke, Pattison and Chapman. This means I think that we need at least 8 more players in. That doesn't take in to account any more players leaving such as Traore, De Roon, Fabio etc. Do you all agree with a squad of around 26 without under 23s

Welcome to the forum certainly a exciting time to join!

Have you just found us or have you been a lurker for a while? :)

The problem is, as it stands the squad has 18 players unless you include Fry, Cooke, Pattison and Chapman. This means I think that we need at least 8 more players in. That doesn't take in to account any more players leaving such as Traore, De Roon, Fabio etc. Do you all agree with a squad of around 26 without under 23s

Hello, I have watched with interest for a long time, supported Boro for 50 years and have had a user name before but didn't get around to making any comments. I had to re-register as my old details wouldn't work. I have more time on my hands now. Thanks for the welcome though. There may be a problem as my son is a senior member and uses the same internet.

Vickers on Assombalonga:

I understand a bid has gone in but Forest haven't responded yet. It's on the table. Ticking.

Hello, I have watched with interest for a long time, supported Boro for 50 years and have had a user name before but didn't get around to making any comments. I had to re-register as my old details wouldn't work. I have more time on my hands now. Thanks for the welcome though. There may be a problem as my son is a senior member and uses the same internet.

Sweet! Can we guess who your kid is?

Not from me you wont, as shortly after i will be dead!

It can't be easy being CT's father, I don't envy you.

keep trying

keep trying

He was asked if he'd been lurker for a while... is it Lurker?!?

@Betamaxman - Differnet player to Alves; his high work rate and mobility mean that he's got to work his socks off to influence the game as he likes to anyway, so doubt there'll be a question on if he's up for it. He's come here after being a constant regular in Toulouse's side since joining them as a kid; netted 12 times last season in Lihue 1 - so he obviously wants the move to work out for the best and result in Premiership football here, otherwise he'd have probably stayed where he was.

Few wise, it's a high fee; but if he provides the goals from wide which we've so dramatically missed for several seasons now, that fee would pale into insignificance if those goals helped win us promotion.

BD has seen Braithwaite more in the Denmark games - if I remember correctly? - and he's never been as suited to that set up I don't think. Flashes of brilliance, but the style of play and the type of football doesn't seem to bring the best out of him. Completely different player at club level, and that's what I personally would judge him on if I were scouting him.

Thanks mate. Great appraisal. Just what I was looking for.

Borodane did talk about Braithwaite in the context of his performances for Denmark, and I'd thought that he'd valued him at about £6M, from memory.

The Alves reference was to do with the possibility/likelihood of him being an 'expensive flop', nothing to do with him being black like some **** tried to suggest - LOL.

From what you say, it sounds like he should be a good signing. Thanks.

Last Resort Gestede with people on the knock downs

DK, my thought as well

we might actually pen teams in and pressure them this season, unlike last promotion. we penned them in and they happily watched us not threaten them.

So many people (non Boro fans) on Twitter stating that Braithwaite is an excellent signing for us. I have to admit to having never seen him play so can only go off YouTube and others comments but it all seems very very positive!