oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I imagine the fee wont be too big given his age. It is time to say thanks Grant and good luck with your next move. ?

Reckon we could squeeze £1-2 million out of the deal

Forshaw just needs some guidance, has the quality play him alongside howson and clayton and thats a decent midfield 3 id prefer Clayton mdr and howson mind but just cant se de roon staying.

I'd be shocked if they're willing to blow their salary cap on an untested Championship striker, but if they do then fair play to them.

Maybe wages isn't important as playing premier league football... I hope he is wrong I think he would be a perfect foil for Bamford and Braithwaite / Traore

He'd have to leave half the money we're offering on the table to fit the wage cap at Burnley.

I really, really struggle to see that.

Perhaps football is more important than money to him, he might not be a total mercenary.

You're not a mercenary for accepting 60k here as opposed to 35k at Burnley even if they are currently a Prem team. It's just human nature and as long as he does the job I couldn't care less for his reasons to join us. Someone said he is on 40k at Forest and only the most romantic would think that he'd take wagecut to join Burnley.

We as fans are desperate to go back up to the premier league, we basically don't have the luxury of being able to change teams to achieve that dream. Players, however do, If they feel they are good enough why wouldn't they move to a team in the top tier? It might be their only opportunity.

I know I'm a bit of an old hippy, but this scenario isn't that unrealistic, as we know, there is more of a stigma attached to playing second tier football, Burnley at the moment can offer premier league football. You may argue that it's only Burnley, but they have a decent manager and have consistently finished above us over the last few seasons.

As Lurker said yesterday, there would be something odd, if Britt didn't consider premier league football.

Imagine the scenario; he has a great season at Burnley and bangs in some goals, even if they go down (which I don't think they will) he'll be recognised as a premier league player and a more established team will come in for him and double his wages.

Conversely, he could have an ok season for us, maybe make the playoffs, possibly go up, but there are no guarantees of Premier League football. I know what I would do, speculate to accumulate.

I've no idea which path Britt will choose, but I don't think it'll be purely about next season's pay cheque.

I imagine the fee wont be too big given his age. It is time to say thanks Grant and good luck with your next move. ?

Reckon we could squeeze £1-2 millqion out of the deal

That would seem good sense to me. We seem to be getting better at getting a good deal for ourselves lately

Reckon we could squeeze £1-2 millqion out of the deal

That would seem good sense to me. We seem to be getting better at getting a good deal for ourselves lately

That's probably because we played in the Premier League last season and our players are seen to be top tier players :P

Maybe wages isn't important as playing premier league football... I hope he is wrong I think he would be a perfect foil for Bamford and Braithwaite / Traore

He'd have to leave half the money we're offering on the table to fit the wage cap at Burnley.

Perhaps football is more important than money to him, he might not be a total mercenary.

You're not a mercenary for accepting 60k here as opposed to 35k at Burnley even if they are currently a Prem team. It's just human nature and as long as he does the job I couldn't care less for his reasons to join us. Someone said he is on 40k at Forest and only the most romantic would think that he'd take wagecut to join Burnley.

We as fans are desperate to go back up to the premier league, we basically don't have the luxury of being able to change teams to achieve that dream. Players, however do, If they feel they are good enough why wouldn't they move to a team in the top tier? It might be their only opportunity.

I know I'm a bit of an old hippy, but this scenario isn't that unrealistic, as we know, there is more of a stigma attached to playing second tier football, Burnley at the moment can offer premier league football. You may argue that it's only Burnley, but they have a decent manager and have consistently finished above us over the last few seasons.

As Lurker said yesterday, there would be something odd, if Britt didn't consider premier league football.

Imagine the scenario; he has a great season at Burnley and bangs in some goals, even if they go down (which I don't think they will) he'll be recognised as a premier league player and a more established team will come in for him and double his wages.

Conversely, he could have an ok season for us, maybe make the playoffs, possibly go up, but there are no guarantees of Premier League football. I know what I would do, speculate to accumulate.

I've no idea which path Britt will choose, but I don't think it'll be purely about next season's pay cheque.

Again, unless burnley are to break their own wage cap, britt would have to take a pay cut.

Also, 60k and good chance of promotion and a season in the PL seems better to me than 35-40k and a good chance of relegation.

That's just me though

The Nixon line makes a lot of sense when you read into the Posts story they're basically trying to speculate on Burnley and Watford actions smells like Forest fed them a story full of assumptions and stances designed to send signals to Burnley/Watford rather than them clubs preparing offers.

They're under unbelievable financial pressure so the whole Champ rivals stance should only go so far and we are talking about an offer that has matched their asking price I think Nixons stance is probably right here he just thinks the numbers we've put on the table to all involved will be enough I mean the wages we're talking would scare Burnley off for sure.

Forest are no longer under any financial pressure. They've fulfilled FFP requirements and they have new owners.

Again, unless burnley are to break their own wage cap, britt would have to take a pay cut.

Also, 60k and good chance of promotion and a season in the PL seems better to me than 35-40k and a good chance of relegation.

That's just me though

Fair enough, that maybe your outlook mate, but that's why I made the point about speculating to accumulate, a season in the premier league might lead to greater things.

It's about prestige. In my job I work freelance for television companies, I'm always having to quote for jobs and adjust rates due to budgetary requirements. On many occasions I've lowered my rates to work on a BBC series, that will be aired in a prime time slot, because it's better for my career to have my name on the end credits, rather than take a higher payed job on a channel 5 series, which people will barely remember.

Is that me living in cloud cuckoo  land or am I furthering my career?

For me, money doesn't always talk.