oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leeds fans on twitter making fun of us for only having 50 fans at the game in Portugal.

How pathetic do you want to get.

Well..........Leeds would have taken more, of course.

I'd be very upset if we lost both MdR and Leadbetter.

Guesstimating that we're going to play a 4-2-3-1, we currently have Clayton, Howson, MdR, Foreshaw and Leadbetter for the 2 deeper midfielders (and Gued '****' ioura but if we ignore him maybe we'll be able to forget his transfer happened). Also taking into consideration that Howson may need to be called upon to play further up the pitch in the #10 if Gaston leaves/is injured or suspended/etc., we're not exactly flush with options, if we start selling that is.

If we keep the 5 listed above, I think we have a smashing Championship midfield.

Watching Braithwaite's interview on MFC, his English is absolutely perfect. That can only help him settle in and find his feet quicker. Seems like a decent bloke as well.

His dad is from Guyana.

We only signed him to keep our Dane quota up, in order to keep BD happy... :P

The Nixon line makes a lot of sense when you read into the Posts story they're basically trying to speculate on Burnley and Watford actions smells like Forest fed them a story full of assumptions and stances designed to send signals to Burnley/Watford rather than them clubs preparing offers.

They're under unbelievable financial pressure so the whole Champ rivals stance should only go so far and we are talking about an offer that has matched their asking price I think Nixons stance is probably right here he just thinks the numbers we've put on the table to all involved will be enough I mean the wages we're talking would scare Burnley off for sure.

Forest are no longer under any financial pressure. They've fulfilled FFP requirements and they have new owners.

They're out of FFP sanctions you're right but they've just written off nearly 70 million in soft loan debts to Al Hasawi and they aren't going for the 3 year kamikaze move with FFP so to get the reinforcements Warburton wants there's always the caveat of when they sell they can spend on X Y and Z. Rumour here is they want Murphy to replace Assambalonga and the rest of the potential cash to be divvied out 1 mill here 2 mill there on players, they really do need the cash it's just in an ideal world they don't want it to be our cash.

My major worry with Britt is his knee it's been operated on twice in 24 months and they were pretty serious operations I like what we're doing here but we could end up wincing at every defender/GK he presses and 50 50 he challenges which is a feeling I hate to have as a fan. Forest fans were expecting 10 million for him if people want to gage how good our offer is, they're ecstatic with 14 which goes to show we really seem to have not only met what Forest were asking but blew away the PL clubs valuation of Britt and Forest fans valuation of Britt.

Watching Braithwaite's interview on MFC, his English is absolutely perfect. That can only help him settle in and find his feet quicker. Seems like a decent bloke as well.

His dad is from Guyana.

We only signed him to keep our Dane quota up, in order to keep BD happy... :P

Must be from Leeds with a name like Braithwaite..maybe Gary is confused.

PT at the post is doing a v interesting livechat for the Post right now with a lot of info regarding Britts situation from the fact we're doubling his wages and after his story on 'expecting' a bid yesterday he went a little further summarising Forests thinking at the moment with this:

'This is not a lack of ambition from Forest. 

This is not them just taking the cash once a big pile of money has been put on the table.

This is them trying to make the best of a difficult situation.

Their hope, at this point, will be that Burnley, Watford or Huddersfield get into a bidding war with Boro.

Burnley are expected to make a second bid. It will be interesting to see what happens if and when they do.

At the minute, Boro are in the box seat. Because their offer is generous, to be frank.'

He's laid the groundwork so far talking about how Britt changed agents to Jarman which has coincided with his desire to leave. My major point on his theory on Burnley is he seems to think they're selling Gray to WHU but I haven't seen that anywhere so at what point does the timeframe here go against any potential Burnley bid they surely wouldn't go all out while West Ham are still running around Europe chasing strikers on the off chance they come in with 20 million for Gray?

The Nixon line makes a lot of sense when you read into the Posts story they're basically trying to speculate on Burnley and Watford actions smells like Forest fed them a story full of assumptions and stances designed to send signals to Burnley/Watford rather than them clubs preparing offers.

They're under unbelievable financial pressure so the whole Champ rivals stance should only go so far and we are talking about an offer that has matched their asking price I think Nixons stance is probably right here he just thinks the numbers we've put on the table to all involved will be enough I mean the wages we're talking would scare Burnley off for sure.

Forest are no longer under any financial pressure. They've fulfilled FFP requirements and they have new owners.

They're out of FFP sanctions you're right but they've just written off nearly 70 million in soft loan debts to Al Hasawi and they aren't going for the 3 year kamikaze move with FFP so to get the reinforcements Warburton wants there's always the caveat of when they sell they can spend on X Y and Z. Rumour here is they want Murphy to replace Assambalonga and the rest of the potential cash to be divvied out 1 mill here 2 mill there on players, they really do need the cash it's just in an ideal world they don't want it to be our cash.

My major worry with Britt is his knee it's been operated on twice in 24 months and they were pretty serious operations I like what we're doing here but we could end up wincing at every defender/GK he presses and 50 50 he challenges which is a feeling I hate to have as a fan. Forest fans were expecting 10 million for him if people want to gage how good our offer is, they're ecstatic with 14 which goes to show we really seem to have not only met what Forest were asking but blew away the PL clubs valuation of Britt and Forest fans valuation of Britt.

Forest lad at work says if they want to overhaul their squad they have to sell Britt but they're under no pressure to do so because of debt. He's a 15 goal a season striker that they'll struggle to replace, but you're right their fans really don't to sell to us.

That Brereton lad looked good for Forest in Warburton's 4-3-3. 17 years old at the time - 3 goals and 4 assists in 18 games (Contribution every 155.86 mins). Reckon he's a long term solution for Forest, so the around £15m they'd receive for Assombalonga would allow them to strengthen around players like Brereton and make their squad stronger as a whole. Warburton was very, very canny in the transfer market at Brentford, and I think Forest would have more chance of building towards a promotion push in the future if they sold Britt now.

Think the move makes sense for all parties. Forest as above, we get a top striker at this level as one of the finalising parts of a jigsaw, and Britt gets guaranteed games, a solid chance of promotion to the Premiership and a considerable wage hike.