oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think i will be more excited if and when Ojo signs on loan

Surely not.

Well its because we have been so lacking in width for so long now, i feel that if Assombolonga doesn't get signed there will be someone else similar, and his large fee and the constant comments re his injury has got me worried.

why are we all talking asif the Britt deal is off now, I think it's mental how some people are saying do we really need him, id rather not spend that amount and let's move on etc, he's had one bad injury he's arguably one of the best 5 strikers in our division.

I love bamford but assombalonga is way more clinical, he's the type that will not get a sniff all match then pop up and bury a half chance in the 87th minute at home against a resilient bristol city.

Don't think we should be writing this off just yet, by all means do the whole " I didn't want to get with that girl I've just spent 4 hours grafting on" once he makes a decision that isn't us but for the time being i personally believe we should be optimistic and excited at the chance of getting him here.

It's the way of things

Euphoria. Huge excitement and hope

Annoyance that it hasn't happened

Denial that we actually want him

I've wanted assombalonga for ages but if I think about it honestly afobe would probably be the better option at that money.

I agree with this, I was hoping that we would have gone for Afobe when Karanka was here as well he would have been ideal for us in the Premier league.

I'd rather keep Traore and let them have Ojo, especially for that money.

If Ojo is worth 10 million or more, then what is Traore worth?

Newcastle must be having a laugh if they're happy to pay £10m for Ojo but want us to lower our valuation of Traore.

I think £20m is a fair price for a player with that potential who has had some decent games in the premiership and who we seem to want to keep.

I wonder if we will go back for Ryan Kent? Strange one that, was ojo our first choice who came available or did we try to get him as we probably wouldn't get Kent?