oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Chapman playing for the U23s tonight. Suggests that he won't be playing in tomorrow's friendly, and possibly may not be as close to the first team as we may have thought.

Think you are right. Could probably be sent out on loan again to get more first team action. Or Monk wants to see him get more minutes than he would tomorrow where first team starters may get more minutes. Only three friendlies left so it's time to start playing more minutes with the most important players.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Murphy would be a starting player I rekon, probably means braithwaite #10/vossen role off assombalonga.

I sincerely doubt we've bought a £9m international player who's scored consistently in Ligue 1 to play him out of position because we've signed a prospect from the Championship...

I guess that we're not hopeful about Ojo choosing us then?

Or we are just keeping irons in the fire instead of waiting around for one ore the other. Like with the keeper situation where we are obviously after several targets at the same time.

Murphy had 27 games, 4g6a in 1,015 minutes.

Not bad for a 22 year old. Contributes to a goal every 100 odd minutes.

Looks like a decent prospect on paper but I've never seen him play though. Good stats for the championship considering he is only 22.

From a quick look at their fans on Twitter, that £4m may have to be at least doubled to even be entertained.

Ojo brings a flashier style but Murphy has played nearly 100 games across leagues where Ojo has yet to hit 50 so in terms of development it's pretty clear which one's further along. 4 million isn't a bad offer if we really want him I don't see why we wouldn't push to 6/7 he has the pace we need and at 22 is a perfect age for Monk to work with I like what we're doing again here it's astonishing Boro have yet to make a wrong move this summer and so far we've held onto De Roon it's a strange feeling usually we're onto 4th/5th choices or being 'patient' chasing players into August.

Ojo brings a flashier style but Murphy has played nearly 100 games across leagues where Ojo has yet to hit 50 so in terms of development it's pretty clear which one's further along. 4 million isn't a bad offer if we really want him I don't see why we wouldn't push to 6/7 he has the pace we need and at 22 is a perfect age for Monk to work with I like what we're doing again here it's astonishing Boro have yet to make a wrong move this summer and so far we've held onto De Roon it's a strange feeling usually we're onto 4th/5th choices or being 'patient' chasing players into August.

His twin is going for, what, 12.5m, is his brother 5m better than him?

You don't know what to expect despite his career stats as a 1 goal in every 2 games player (at this level)?

He's scored 30 goals across 3 seasons, two full seasons with the injury hit one as well.  It's a comparable record to Rhodes, Gestede and Bamford isn't it?  If he's properly over the injury then it's less of an issue but right now I don't know that because I haven't seen it with my own eyes.  When I have seen it then my opinion will change accordingly.  Simple enough to understand.

He's scored 30 goals in 69 games over ur last three seasons. 1 goal every 2 games. Last season he scored 14 goals in 33 games. That was the season after suffering a major injury. All at Championship level in a vastly inferior team to that he'll be playing in next season. I understand you like a bit of a 'headline statement' but calling Assombalonga a "wildcard" is absolute nonsense.