oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

At least now we know the rules.......a player is a wildcard until CT has seen he's not injured and is worth the money :)

No, the rules for me forming my opinion are based around how good a player is.  This is going to be based on me seeing him actually playing oddly enough and in the case of a player recently recovered from a serious injury, this is arguably even more important in my eyes.  If I'd seen him playing for Forest towards the end of the season then I'd have something to base my opinion on but as I explained earlier I didn't see him so right now I have nothing but stats to base an opinion on.  Hence me calling him a wildcard until I've got more to form an opinion on.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heard a few whispers about Aiden Flint, were linked with him earlier in the window.

46 90minutes games in the league last season. Blimey. At least he is consistently available. Is he good enough to be third choice?

He's good enough to be one of the starting two, in my opinion. Has the capability to oust Ayala, or to come in if Gibbo left. Considerable aerial threat in both boxes, too.

Murphy would be a starting player I rekon, probably means braithwaite #10/vossen role off assombalonga.

I sincerely doubt we've bought a £9m international player who's scored consistently in Ligue 1 to play him out of position because we've signed a prospect from the Championship...

Did he not play more games centrally last season? Also was it the Toulouse fans or journalists saying he's far more productive centrally?

Murphy would be a starting player I rekon, probably means braithwaite #10/vossen role off assombalonga.

I sincerely doubt we've bought a £9m international player who's scored consistently in Ligue 1 to play him out of position because we've signed a prospect from the Championship...

Did he not play more games centrally last season? Also was it the Toulouse fans or journalists saying he's far more productive centrally?

No - Toulosue's system is an awkward one. For one, they switch it around a lot, but the two most successful and consistent they use are 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 (the one season they mainly played 4-2-3-1 they very nearly got relegated). In the 4-3-3, Braithwaite played Left Forward. In the 4-3-2-1, he's essentially in the same LF position, but slightly deeper than he does in the 4-3-3, which is where the Gazette got their article stats wrong; they took the Transfermarkt stats of him in the 4-3-2-1 as him playing centrally, when in actual fact his role was still more of a Inside Forward coming in from the left flank.

He *can* play centrally, aye. In the same way Kalas *can* play RB; do a decent job, but can't utilise his main strengths from that position. There's more space in the flanks, and Braithwaite's pace, ambidextrous abilities and strong running are far better utilised from wide and the pockets of space that are naturally found there.

Murphy would be an very good signing in my eyes, but I can't see him and Braithwaite playing in the same side regularly. And as I've already made clear, I'm a big fan of Braithwaite :D

Did Yacine Brahimi play for the u23 tonight? Porto lad.

Surely not...

Doubt that considering they turned down 30 million from Everton a year ago iirc

No - Toulosue's system is an awkward one. For one, they switch it around a lot, but the two most successful and consistent they use are 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 (the one season they mainly played 4-2-3-1 they very nearly got relegated). In the 4-3-3, Braithwaite played Left Forward. In the 4-3-2-1, he's essentially in the same LF position, but slightly deeper than he does in the 4-3-3, which is where the Gazette got their article stats wrong; they took the Transfermarkt stats of him in the 4-3-2-1 as him playing centrally, when in actual fact his role was still more of a Inside Forward coming in from the left flank.

He *can* play centrally, aye. In the same way Kalas *can* play RB; do a decent job, but can't utilise his main strengths from that position. There's more space in the flanks, and Braithwaite's pace, ambidextrous abilities and strong running are far better utilised from wide and the pockets of space that are naturally found there.

Murphy would be an very good signing in my eyes, but I can't see him and Braithwaite playing in the same side regularly. And as I've already made clear, I'm a big fan of Braithwaite :D

Fair play, had the wrong idea of braithwaite.