oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

It all depends how you look at transfers. We've just bought imo the best striker in the division. So I would say that's a great signing. If it doesn't work out here I wouldn't then think it's a bad signing. If we buy good players then I'd say they are good signings.

There is an argument to be made for him not being in the top ten strikers in the division, although that would only be on goals scored last season.  He certainly has a very good minutes to goal ration, only bettered by Dwight Gayle last season.

I'm very happy with the signing.

Indeed you could form an argument that he's not in the top ten I agree. I did however say that in my opinion he is currently the best in the division. One of my best pals is a forest fan so I've seen a fair bit on him but again, it's only my opinion. There isn't another striker we could have bought (would come here) that id of been happier with to be honest

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Considering what villa spent on kodjia it's pretty much the going rate.

Give it a few more years and I rekon the championship will be one of the most entertaining leagues to watch. It's already one of the most competitive around with at least 6 teams who would fancy themselves to win it.

There's a winning mentality instead of a 'don't get beat' mentality of the premiership.

Even since we first went down in 09 the quality and money has increased drastically, yes some of the football can be awful to watch but that will slowly improve as better players come into the league.

At least now we know the rules.......a player is a wildcard until CT has seen he's not injured and is worth the money :)

No, the rules for me forming my opinion are based around how good a player is.  This is going to be based on me seeing him actually playing oddly enough and in the case of a player recently recovered from a serious injury, this is arguably even more important in my eyes.  If I'd seen him playing for Forest towards the end of the season then I'd have something to base my opinion on but as I explained earlier I didn't see him so right now I have nothing but stats to base an opinion on.  Hence me calling him a wildcard until I've got more to form an opinion on.

Many people including yourself instantly recognised Guediora was a bad signing in January without seeing him play recently and many would say that was well judged. Its natural for football fans to have high expectations for a guy with a consistent track record at this level. If we signed Oscar I wouldnt wait until I saw him play before getting excited just because he has been playing in China so I havent kept tabs on him....

He's okay but £15m, really! Just my opinion of course but from what i have seen of him i would say he is probably on a par with Bamford and i wouldn't be paying anything like that for him. In Braithwaite i think we have got him at a fair price. I think he is far more talented than Assombalonga. This signing does confuse me though as to what style Monk intends to play.

Newcastle and Palace reportedly both battling for Adrian. If that's true, reckon we're out of the running.

I don't think we were ever in for him, to be honest, just Randolph.

@Tom - Wasn't sure if we'd been officially linked or if it was one of those HITC articles to be honest. Either way, it's not happening.

Ojo has joined Fulham on loan ....

Aye. Like I said; find it hard to believe the reports we'd had a loan bid accepted when those reports only came out when Fulham had theirs accepted. I genuinely think our interest in Ojo ended when we signed Braithwaite.

Samuel Venâncio @samuelvenancio

Lateral Fábio, do Middlesbrough, não deve vir mais para o Cruzeiro. Ingleses dificultando muito a liberação do jogador @radioitatiaia

= Lateral Fabio, from Middlesbrough, should not come to Cruzeiro anymore. Ingleses making it very difficult for the player to release

Apparently the transfer window over there closes in 2 days as well

Where's this coming from? He hasn't as of right now.

Just heard that announced on ssn. Think it must be wrong though as he is still 5/4 to join them on skybet. Popped 40 quid on anyway. Win win. Joins us im happy. Joins them im 50 up. Join the mags and im fuming!!!

@Tom - Wasn't sure if we'd been officially linked or if it was one of those HITC articles to be honest. Either way, it's not happening.

Yeah, it was just one of those opinion pieces.

Samuel Venâncio @samuelvenancio

Lateral Fábio, do Middlesbrough, não deve vir mais para o Cruzeiro. Ingleses dificultando muito a liberação do jogador @radioitatiaia

= Lateral Fabio, from Middlesbrough, should not come to Cruzeiro anymore. Ingleses making it very difficult for the player to release

Apparently the transfer window over there closes in 2 days as well

Yeh the window for bringing in international players closes on Thursday.

Where's this coming from? He hasn't as of right now.

Just heard that announced on ssn. Think it must be wrong though as he is still 5/4 to join them on skybet. Popped 40 quid on anyway. Win win. Joins us im happy. Joins them im 50 up. Join the mags and im fuming!!!

thats where i just heard it  too.  didnt see any reason to doubt SSN, Will