oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

So Girona want Stuani. Considering they are owned by that City group, whom we have already done som marvellous business with regarding Bernardo, it's probably the best club we could hope for if we want to offload Stuani. If we can get more than 3 million for him I'd definately sell him. We have enough strikers and he is no winger. I'd sell him an reinvest in a proper winger/AM.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think with the Rhodes/Britt comparison you have to remember that Rhodes scored the vast majority playing with a partner. Britt should fit into what we are doing better.

If Stuani and Downing leave today that would make me very happy.

@Tom - Wasn't sure if we'd been officially linked or if it was one of those HITC articles to be honest. Either way, it's not happening.

Ojo has joined Fulham on loan ....

Aye. Like I said; find it hard to believe the reports we'd had a loan bid accepted when those reports only came out when Fulham had theirs accepted. I genuinely think our interest in Ojo ended when we signed Braithwaite.

Could it possibly mean Traore is stayinmg too?

@Tom - Wasn't sure if we'd been officially linked or if it was one of those HITC articles to be honest. Either way, it's not happening.

Ojo has joined Fulham on loan ....

Aye. Like I said; find it hard to believe the reports we'd had a loan bid accepted when those reports only came out when Fulham had theirs accepted. I genuinely think our interest in Ojo ended when we signed Braithwaite.

Could it possibly mean Traore is stayinmg too?

I hope so. Have already shown in pre season games what his pace can do to lesser teams. I appreciate it's only meaningless pre season games, but there is no doubt he will be up against players of less ability and I'd really like to see what he can do. Considering it's "only" a 7 mil gamble for us I want us to take it. If it doesn't work out we can probably recoup a lot of that money in january from a desperate Prem club. I don't think we should give up on him after only 1 season.

I think with the Rhodes/Britt comparison you have to remember that Rhodes scored the vast majority playing with a partner. Britt should fit into what we are doing better.

If Stuani and Downing leave today that would make me very happy.

Yes, I agree with you there mate.

That's why I'm excited to see what Assombalonga can do for us.

Heard a few whispers about Aiden Flint, were linked with him earlier in the window.

46 90minutes games in the league last season. Blimey. At least he is consistently available. Is he good enough to be third choice?

I'd say definitely. I've watched Flint quite a few times, and personally I rate him. I'd be pleased if we signed him.

Heard a few whispers about Aiden Flint, were linked with him earlier in the window.

46 90minutes games in the league last season. Blimey. At least he is consistently available. Is he good enough to be third choice?

I'd say definitely. I've watched Flint quite a few times, and personally I rate him. I'd be pleased if we signed him.

Yep - would be perfect cover for me - him and baptiste as cover for Ayala & Gibson (or his replacement) is fine for me

Echo saying we are pushing to sign Darlow as he Monks number 1 target, says 8m.

It would be a 'no thanks' from me on that one. I think £8M is too much for Darlow.

Am I wrong about that and underrating him?

It would be a 'no thanks' from me on that one. I think £8M is too much for Darlow.

Young-ish, English keeper who is proven in this league and who plays for a club that doesn't really need the money. And is rated by their fans. Has the best years ahead of him. 8 million sounds about right, although I can't claim to have seen him play so I'm going by what the Geordie fans are saying. Rather have Westwood but Darlow could be our keeper for the next 10 years. Also much more of a resale value providing we go up and he does well.

Young-ish, English keeper who is proven in this league and who plays for a club that doesn't really need the money. And is rated by their fans. Has the best years ahead of him. 8 million sounds about right, although I can't claim to have seen him play so I'm going by what the Geordie fans are saying. Rather have Westwood but Darlow could be our keeper for the next 10 years. Also much more of a resale value providing we go up and he does well.

OK, thanks BD. So have we decided that Ripley isn't good enough? If Darlow is only 26, Ripley is 24, so not THAT much in it.

For £8M you have to assume that Darlow would be coming in as first choice. How long does Ripley then hang around trying to get the No.1 spot?

Am I the only one who remembers darlows dreadful performance against us while playing for forest a couple of years ago? Made a terrible mistake with the ball at feet, crowd jeered him all game and his confidence was completely shot

OK, thanks BD. So have we decided that Ripley isn't good enough? If Darlow is only 26, Ripley is 24, so not THAT much in it.

For £8M you have to assume that Darlow would be coming in as first choice. How long does Ripley then hang around trying to get the No.1 spot?

It's more likely we've decided Dimi is too old. Darlow and Ripley to battle for the shirt.

Am I the only one who remembers darlows dreadful performance against us while playing for forest a couple of years ago? Made a terrible mistake with the ball at feet, crowd jeered him all game and his confidence was completely shot

As you sat it's been years since. Plenty of Newcastle fans seem to rate him despite the occasional wobble and many would like to see him given a chance. I'm not advocating for or against here as I haven't seen much of him, but he must be deemed much better than Ripley for us to want to bring him in.