oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Echo saying we are pushing to sign Darlow as he Monks number 1 target, says 8m.

It would be a 'no thanks' from me on that one. I think £8M is too much for Darlow.

Am I wrong about that and underrating him?

Young-ish, English keeper who is proven in this league and who plays for a club that doesn't really need the money. And is rated by their fans. Has the best years ahead of him. 8 million sounds about right, although I can't claim to have seen him play so I'm going by what the Geordie fans are saying. Rather have Westwood but Darlow could be our keeper for the next 10 years. Also much more of a resale value providing we go up and he does well.

Am I the only one who remembers darlows dreadful performance against us while playing for forest a couple of years ago? Made a terrible mistake with the ball at feet, crowd jeered him all game and his confidence was completely shot

Many could easily point out a couple of games for us that Ripley had where he was completely out of his depth and looked extremely poor. People improve and most keepers are prone to a howler or 2 a season. I don't know any Newcastle fans who weren't pleasantly surprised by how good Darlow was for them last year.

EverythingMFC‏ @EverythingMFC 3 min.3 minutter siden

Fabio to Cruzeiro is off. Boro have blocked any potential move and the Brazilian side have turned to other targets #boro [@samuelvenancio]

If traore has been as good in pre season as they say I hope we keep him. And I appreciate what stuani has done for us but if we are offered real cash I'd take it now

Not overly concerned with how much Darlow would cost. Key for me is that if he is Monk's top choice and really wants him then we have to back him if we can.

As for young Rippers he did great for Oldham but I don't see anyone out there making an offer to buy him so that says something. For all I have read he is a good shot stopper but not there yet in other aspects of keeping.

As for the other news knocking around I would guess that if Ojo isn't here now he doesn't really want to be so we move on. I work with Norwich fans and they are absolutely gutted at the thought of losing Josh Murphy. The view was that Jacob was a better defender but as an out and out winger Josh is better. As our needs are pace up front it would seem that if we can get this one over the line it would be a great deal. Norwich are skint so something like £8m could get that one done.

EverythingMFC‏ @EverythingMFC  3 min.3 minutter siden

Fabio to Cruzeiro is off. Boro have blocked any potential move and the Brazilian side have turned to other targets #boro [@samuelvenancio]

I hope it's not a move that Fabio had his heart set on and he can come into next season in the right frame of mind. Him covering for both fullback spots is such a good option for us. Especially considering Friend couldn't seem to get fit last season. Fabio is never a player I'm unhappy to see on the teamsheet.

I personally would like to see Ripley given the gloves as I reckon he should be able to make the step up after being rock solid in league one. But I can see why Monk would want to sign a keeper with "smash the league" being held above his head he'll want to take as few risks as possible.

You don't know what to expect despite his career stats as a 1 goal in every 2 games player (at this level)?

He's scored 30 goals across 3 seasons, two full seasons with the injury hit one as well.  It's a comparable record to Rhodes, Gestede and Bamford isn't it?  If he's properly over the injury then it's less of an issue but right now I don't know that because I haven't seen it with my own eyes.  When I have seen it then my opinion will change accordingly.  Simple enough to understand.

He's scored 30 goals in 69 games over ur last three seasons. 1 goal every 2 games. Last season he scored 14 goals in 33 games. That was the season after suffering a major injury. All at Championship level in a vastly inferior team to that he'll be playing in next season. I understand you like a bit of a 'headline statement' but calling Assombalonga a "wildcard" is absolute nonsense.

He's a wildcard until I've seen if he's over his injury properly and if he's £15m worth of talent.  Unless you're already pronouncing him as a success then I'm not sure what your issue is?  Rhodes had a proven track record but didn't have the same success here.  Obviously Assombalonga just will because he will, the usual level of thought going into all things Boro it seems.

No no. You said he was a wild card. He's not. He's scored 14 goals last season which proves he's over his injury. Whether he's a success at Boro is subjective, absolutely, but he's not an unknown risk.

Martin Braithwaite is a wild card. No experience in this country or this level.

EverythingMFC‏ @EverythingMFC  3 min.3 minutter siden

I hope it's not a move that Fabio had his heart set on and he can come into next season in the right frame of mind. Him covering for both fullback spots is such a good option for us. Especially considering Friend couldn't seem to get fit last season. Fabio is never a player I'm unhappy to see on the teamsheet.

I personally would like to see Ripley given the gloves as I reckon he should be able to make the step up after being rock solid in league one. But I can see why Monk would want to sign a keeper with "smash the league" being held above his head he'll want to take as few risks as possible.

Fabio wouldn't be a cover option for me, he'd be a starter on either flank.

stuani linked with girona now eh. looks like he probably is the striker/rf to leave.

dont know whats going on with fabio. why would we block the move?? strange unless someone else is leaving, friend? guess all will become clear soon enough. unless its as simple as the Brazilian club/agent insisting we supplement his wages.

No no. You said he was a wild card. He's not. He's scored 14 goals last season which proves he's over his injury. Whether he's a success at Boro is subjective, absolutely, but he's not an unknown risk.

Martin Braithwaite is a wild card. No experience in this country or this level.

Yeah I know what I said  :s   It doesn't prove anything or rather it might prove it to you but it doesn't prove it to me as I haven't seen him since the injury.  Hence for now he's a wild card in my view until I've had a chance to get to have a look at him.  I also never said he was an unknown risk.  I simply said he's a wild card for the reasons given.  All really easy to understand.

Furthermore, I said I've never seen Braithwaite play so I have nothing to form an opinion on.

I wonder if RAF could update us on our pursuit for Josh Murphy, he has pretty solid contacts at the Norwich end doesn't he?

Yes we did have a bid turned down but we have made it clear we will be back with another bid however 2 further clubs have also enquired derby being one of them norwich dont want to sell but i quote money talks

I wonder if RAF could update us on our pursuit for Josh Murphy, he has pretty solid contacts at the Norwich end doesn't he?

Yes we did have a bid turned down but we have made it clear we will be back with another bid however 2 further clubs have also enquired derby being one of them norwich dont want to sell but i quote money talks

thats great news. i'm picturing arnie eyeing up the police station reception ''i'll be back'' then crashes a car straight through  :D

Many people including yourself instantly recognised Guediora was a bad signing in January without seeing him play recently and many would say that was well judged. Its natural for football fans to have high expectations for a guy with a consistent track record at this level. If we signed Oscar I wouldnt wait until I saw him play before getting excited just because he has been playing in China so I havent kept tabs on him....

My reasons for questioning his signing had nothing to do with his recent playing career though.  As far as I'm aware he hadn't suffered a recent serious injury, I certainly can't recollect one.  On top of that, I didn't feel he addressed our problems so it was a pointless signing more than anything else.  I may have even used that exact word - pointless.  As far as Britt goes, I can see the value in signing him, I'd just like to have a look at him since his injury to see where he's at.  Nothing more, nothing less.