oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

@HITCdeadlineday

Report: Middlesbrough, Fulham, Hull and Birmingham enquire about Reading's Jordan Obita #readingfc #middlesbroughfc http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/21/report-middlesbrough-fulham-hull-and-birmingham-enquire-about-re/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we're getting another LB I can only assume George or Fabio is off. To be honest though I wonder if these "enquiries" were over the last couple of weeks and are only just filtering out now - when it looked like Fabio was off back to Brazil. Maybe nothing came of the enquiries and then that's why we blocked his exit and are now no longer interested? Just putting two and two together.

If we're getting another LB I can only assume George or Fabio is off. To be honest though I wonder if these "enquiries" were over the last couple of weeks and are only just filtering out now - when it looked like Fabio was off back to Brazil. Maybe nothing came of the enquiries and then that's why we blocked his exit and are now no longer interested? Just putting two and two together.

Fabio hasn't featured on the left yet for Monk, so perhaps he sees him as a right sided option only, and wants a natural left-footer to compete with George? It does raise the question of why we brought Roberts in, mind, but he still might end up with the U23s.

Roberts is a loan right? Seems weird that we would loan someone to play for the U23s... unless it's a loan-to-buy. But the McGhee deal was known to be a loan-to-buy deal from the outset. I think Roberts has been brought in as cover for both flanks.

With Monk trying Baptiste and even Forshaw in the LB spot during preseason though, it does kinda suggest he's looking for another option there.

Roberts is a loan right? Seems weird that we would loan someone to play for the U23s... unless it's a loan-to-buy. But the McGhee deal was known to be a loan-to-buy deal from the outset. I think Roberts has been brought in as cover for both flanks.

With Monk trying Baptiste and even Forshaw in the LB spot during preseason though, it does kinda suggest he's looking for another option there.

Yeah, I mean I think the Forshaw thing was needs must - we didn't take another LB to Mansfield with us, and obviously George came off as a precaution. I'd imagine Fabio will play there tomorrow.

When Roberts first arrived, the Gazette said that Monk would watch him and then decide if he'd be with the seniors or the U23s this season, so I guess it could go either way.

@HITCdeadlineday

Report: Middlesbrough, Fulham, Hull and Birmingham enquire about Reading's Jordan Obita #readingfc #middlesbroughfc http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/21/report-middlesbrough-fulham-hull-and-birmingham-enquire-about-re/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

Yes please I've always liked this guy, stam doesn't seem to fancy him for some reason.

Looks like Wolves are bringing in Diogo Jota on loan from Atl. Madrid. Highly rated AM/winger who played 38 games for Porto last season on loan. Scored 9 and assisted 7. Looks like a decent signing for them. Think them and us have had the best window so far. They do badly need a striker though. Hope they don't get one before we play them :)

Looks like Wolves are bringing in Diogo Jota on loan from Atl. Madrid. Highly rated AM/winger who played 38 games for Porto last season on loan. Scored 9 and assisted 7. Looks like a decent signing for them. Think them and us have had the best window so far. They do badly need a striker though. Hope they don't get one before we play them :)

Rumour has them trying to bring benick afobe back. If they get to they have a good chance of top six, providing they can defend cos they look to have some decent attacking signings

I was speaking to a Wolves fan yesterday and he reckons their big spending has only just started.

They are very confident about the season.

I was speaking to a Wolves fan yesterday and he reckons their big spending has only just started.

They really can't spend that much more tbh. Buying Costa and Cavaleiro last season and Neves this must have them very close to their 3 year FFP limit

just as well because a bottom half struggler to a promotion contender is more than just a couple of players gap. problem wolves will have is when the cant put a run of wins together and find themselves losing ground. these expensive signing wont fancy trying anymore.

They really can't spend that much more tbh. Buying Costa and Cavaleiro last season and Neves this must have them very close to their 3 year FFP limit

Isn't the cost of a transfer spread over the length of their contract? Neves £15mil over five years is £3mil per season. Without going into massive detail i think they've still got a bit more scope for spending.

My thoughts too. According to Transfermarkt the spent 33 mil. euros last year and so far 22 million this year. And that's after sales, although there are a few undisclosed. Thats 49 mil pounds in the last two years, and FFP says 39 over three years. They obviously have other income but it looks like they are pushing it. Does FFP take into acount that transfer fees are spread over the contract length in the budget? That makes Neves' fee of 15 mil over a 5 year contract only 3 mil a year?