oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Wolves are really putting all their eggs in one basket. They've really got to get promoted this season (or maybe next) otherwise they'll be financially ruined by FFP. If the gamble works, the Premier League income will offset their outlay. But for all these big signings, I don't see much evidence that their defence will be good enough, and I'd also be concerned about squad depth if I were them.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For FFP, transfer fees are written off evenly over the course of their contract. Wolves are fine.

Well these big signings are bound to be on relatively big wages too but obviously they will know themselves how the numbers look. I still can't see how there spending is just getting started though. 49 million in 12 months is a hell of a lot of money.

Amazed how quiet it is...

The calm before the storm.  Next week...

In 1 x CB, 1 x LB, 1 x LW, 1 x #10 and 1 x GK

Out Stuani, Mejias, Guedioura, Fabio and Agnew

I'm not even remotely ITK.

Question about the Wolves situation:

With Fosun (Wolves' owners) having a financial interest in Gestifute (Jorge Mendes' agency) and Mendes also being an advisor for the club on transfers is there not the potential for a massive workaround on wages for all Mendes' clients? Fosun pay Gestifute directly to cover all of Mendes' clients wages (or at least a majority of them) then just put a nominal amount through the clubs books, and therefore through FFP scrutinisation?

The Wolves fan I was speaking to said they are nowhere near breaking any financial fair play rules.

He said that outgoings can be spread over a five year period now rather than three. Don't know if this is right or not?

They might not look like contenders at the moment but with a few more signings they might be someone to worry about.

Question about the Wolves situation:

With Fosun (Wolves' owners) having a financial interest in Gestifute (Jorge Mendes' agency) and Mendes also being an advisor for the club on transfers is there not the potential for a massive workaround on wages for all Mendes' clients? Fosun pay Gestifute directly to cover all of Mendes' clients wages (or at least a majority of them) then just put a nominal amount through the clubs books, and therefore through FFP scrutinisation?

I'm sure with this much money flying about this sort of thing will be heavily regulated and investigated especially with such a big name agent. Definitely food for thought though!

The Wolves fan I was speaking to said they are nowhere near breaking any financial fair play rules.

He said that outgoings can be spread over a five year period now rather than three. Don't know if this is right or not?

They might not look like contenders at the moment but with a few more signings they might be someone to worry about.

Middle part isn't entirely true. FFP allow losses of 39 million over a three year period. But if a player costs 15 million and signs a five year contract the cost will be spread over those five years in the clubs budget i.e. 3 million a year.

Allowed FFP losses depends on whether you've been in the Premier League over the previous three years. You're allowed an extra £22 mil on top of the yearly £13 mil for each season you've been in the Prem over the previous 3 years which is why Villa can spend what they want (give or take) i.e.£105 mil loss over three years.