oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

The fee will remain private

"Due to a privacy clause within the transfer deal we are unable to make the fee public."

I've stayed out of the argument so far but that is really pathetic. You can't have it both ways.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Due to a privacy clause within the transfer deal we are unable to make the fee public."

I've stayed out of the argument so far but that is really pathetic. You can't have it both ways.

Just wait for the Gazette to come up with a random figure that they think is either massively inflated or stupidly low and the club will come out and correct It!!

Was about to write that. Makes a mockery of their own statement from a few days ago hence making themselves look like a joke. Their media handling leaves ALOT to be desired. Everyone knew this was going to be a standard phrase with future deals.

Well at least our supremes overlords at the club can now decide when and when not to disclose the fee to us. Of course we'll soon be told that transparency isn't always what we want, and sometimes it better for us that we aren't told.

Was about to write that. Makes a mockery of their own statement from a few days ago hence making themselves look like a joke. Their media handling leaves ALOT to be desired. Everyone knew this was going to be a standard phrase with future deals.

It could be that Girona have poor in the privacy clause. Let's say they've offered £4m but insist on a privacy clause, take the money all day

It could be from Girona's side. They might not want others to know how much they're spending. Bernardo's move was also undisclosed, so there is a trend coming out of their side. All conjecture on my part, though.

Well, after 2 years the Pro-Stuani Clique looks set to disband. It's a sad day for us members - all, I think, 2 of us - that this day has eventually darkened our members suite door step. The much revered 'Dark 'n' Stuani' cocktail recipe will have to be set aside, never to be sipped again.

@BWS - A sad day, my friend. :(

Come on... If Girona don't want the fee to be known and insert a privacy clause then what are the club going to do? Say no thanks and cancel the deal? It happens all the time.

Do people actually care that much about this stuff?

When it makes the club look I support look stupid....and a little dodgy...then yes. And yes, I know it isn't strictly dodgy but when we are asking for transparency in football....with the likes of pogbas deal going to fifa then why can't they all just be disclosed. Everyone is then in the same boat and rifts don't need to be created between the clubs and the institutions that support them

Sad to see Stuani go, given us a few real stand-out memories that will last a long time. Though I feel he's gone without us ever having seen the best of him and I don't think I could bare watching him play wide again as he just looked completely lost at times (usually just before popping up at the far post with an important goal). His record and strengths suggest he could have had a much greater impact if played as a striker, maybe there is something that the football layman doesn't see in him that managers do. Don't think he fits the bill for the system of fast wide-men that Monk apparently prefers so probably best for all that he moves on.

Come on... If Girona don't want the fee to be known and insert a privacy clause then what are the club going to do? Say no thanks and cancel the deal? It happens all the time.

This. Girona offer the most money then probably suggest we don't tell the public what it is as part of that deal. The buying club surely has the upper hand there. If they request it be a private fee then fee remains private. Don't really see what the club can do there. Do they turn down the better offer because other deals would have publicly shown fees? Give over you lot.