oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Gone through and amended to the fees to the best of my knowledge.

I didn't include Rhodes as I took it he was sold in Jan ( even though they couldn't pay then ) so the fee is cancelled out by gestede and bamford

Nope the sale wasn't until the summer we loaned him in January.

Yes I know but it was due to be done in Jan just couldn't be completed in time Wether we got the money in Jan or July we only have the same amount

Different financial year...

Yes I realise what you and will are saying and you are correct as far as accounts and Hmrc are concerned. But wether we recieve the money in Jan or July we still have the same amount in Aug. There's no point argueing about it as we have no real idea how much money we have it's all guess work ,in the same way you say we didn't recieve the Rhodes money till July ( and of course we didn't ). We won't recieve all the Bernardo money right now or pay all the Britt money right now. As we don't know what amounts we recieve and when it's all a bit of a guess.

I was just wondering if we'd reached the point where we need to sell to bring in more players

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's an odd one with Gaston, seems like he's not willing to take a pay cut. But no top team will meet his wage demands when the only time he has excelled in the top flight was in Italy 6 seasons ago.

Seems like he isn't itching to leave either, performing well in friendlies and all smiles around the training ground. hopefully its just his agent looking for a pay day and Ramirez open to a move to a new league, rather than him pushing for a move away especially now he'll be playing with some quality attackers. Terrible human being but would be one of the Championships best players...

I think he will take a pay cut. He will have to to get a move abroad. He's probably just playing the brinkmanship game trying to squeeze every last penny out of them .

Be interesting how much of a pay cut he is willing to take to get out of here mind

It's an odd one with Gaston, seems like he's not willing to take a pay cut. But no top team will meet his wage demands when the only time he has excelled in the top flight was in Italy 6 seasons ago.

Seems like he isn't itching to leave either, performing well in friendlies and all smiles around the training ground. hopefully its just his agent looking for a pay day and Ramirez open to a move to a new league, rather than him pushing for a move away especially now he'll be playing with some quality attackers. Terrible human being but would be one of the Championships best players...

I think he will take a pay cut. He will have to to get a move abroad. He's probably just playing the brinkmanship game trying to squeeze every last penny out of them .

Be interesting how much of a pay cut he is willing to take to get out of here mind

Wouldn't put it past him and his agent to demand we finance some of his wages at Betis...

I didn't include Rhodes as I took it he was sold in Jan ( even though they couldn't pay then ) so the fee is cancelled out by gestede and bamford

Yes I know  but it was due to be done in Jan just couldn't be completed in time    Wether we got the money in Jan or July we only have the same amount

Yes I realise what you and will are saying and you are correct as far as accounts and Hmrc are concerned.  But wether we recieve the money in Jan or July we still have the same amount in Aug.   There's no point argueing about it as we have no real idea how much money we have it's all guess work ,in the same way you say we didn't recieve the Rhodes money till July ( and of course we didn't ). We won't recieve all the Bernardo money right now or pay all the Britt money right now.  As we don't know what amounts we recieve and when it's all a bit of a guess.  

I was just wondering if we'd reached the point where we need to sell to bring in more players

Since you put it like that, Rich.

The club would probably prefer to get Downing's salary off the wage bill, it's a risk to bring in a replacement if we can't sell him, similar story with Gaston, except he's probably more likely to feature if he stays.

In my opinion, it's not so much a case of needing to raise money to buy players, it's more a case of wanting to free up some of the wage budget.

I

Maybe gAston isn't that fussed on leaving, maybe that's why we haven't looked at #10s?

Lurker has mentioned twice now that gaston is happy to stay and it's his agent who's trying to get him out, wish he'd just get shot of that agent, stay here and that's our team basically sorted.

Yes I know  but it was due to be done in Jan just couldn't be completed in time    Wether we got the money in Jan or July we only have the same amount

Yes I realise what you and will are saying and you are correct as far as accounts and Hmrc are concerned.  But wether we recieve the money in Jan or July we still have the same amount in Aug.   There's no point argueing about it as we have no real idea how much money we have it's all guess work ,in the same way you say we didn't recieve the Rhodes money till July ( and of course we didn't ). We won't recieve all the Bernardo money right now or pay all the Britt money right now.  As we don't know what amounts we recieve and when it's all a bit of a guess.  

Since you put it like that, Rich.

The club would probably prefer to get Downing's salary off the wage bill, it's a risk to bring in a replacement if we can't sell him, similar story with Gaston, except he's probably more likely to feature if he stays.

In my opinion, it's not so much a case of needing to raise money to buy players, it's more a case of wanting to free up some of the wage budget.

I

That could be the problem. We may have a number ten lined up but can't make a move while we still have gaston. And it could really mess our finances up if we don't get rid of downing now

Wouldn't put it past him and his agent to demand we finance some of his wages at Betis...

i think he is totally for the money, like pretty much all of us are. he blew his chances of getting another club over here after that pathetic show he put on for all the world to see. now hes going to be stuck here and have to take stick and abuse of the fans all season. because if he doesnt perform he's going to be taking a massive wage cut at his next club. he has to perform this season if he stays or his top flight career will be pretty much over.

Fletcher is going to be a star for us. With so much pace and movement, Assombalonga, Trarore and Fletcher are going to torture Championship defences. Not sure on Braithwaite yet but can't wait to find out.

@JamesNursey

Ben Gibson on collision course with uncle & Boro owner Steve Gibson over his determination to play in Prem #WBA

https://t.co/KNgsc1i8r5

With the World Cup next summer, MirrorSport understands Gibson is determined to play top-flight football to add to his 10 caps.

What caps?

He has 10 U21 caps.

Maybe gAston isn't that fussed on leaving, maybe that's why we haven't looked at #10s?

Lurker has mentioned twice now that gaston is happy to stay and it's his agent who's trying to get him out, wish he'd just get shot of that agent, stay here and that's our team basically sorted.

FYI we have a list of targets for EVERY position regardless of how strong we are in that position already.

FYI we have a list of targets for EVERY position regardless of how strong we are in that position already.

I should think so too, the club spent a lot of money on those huge whiteboards in the scouting hut, not to mention all those different coloured pens. :P

Surely when Gaston signed last summer we put a reduction in wages in his contract in case of relegation?

I don't think thats been talked about - its usual practice these days right?

Surely when Gaston signed last summer we put a reduction in wages in his contract in case of relegation?

I don't think thats been talked about - its usual practice these days right?

Yeah he took a pay cut, but he's still on more than he's been offered elsewhere.

If we were to go back up and he stayed, his wages would increase again That would mean that he'd be on a lot better salary than he could demand anywhere else. In some ways, it's in everyone's interest for Gaston to play as well as he can this season, if he stays.