oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/transfer-news/west-ham-transfers-ashley-fletcher-13394428

Slaven Bilic described the offer as 'unbelievable'. I really don't like the sound of that. We shall see how things are if and when he signs, hopefully the club will at least clarify the initial fee vs. the overall fee if all things considered go well.

He actually says the player has received and unbelievable offer. And considering the other things he said it sounds like we are giving him a real chance to establish himself as a first team player something he wouldn't be at WH and just a year ago he was a no name. That's an unbelievable offer. Not the fee. Sounds like he was very sought after.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/transfer-news/west-ham-transfers-ashley-fletcher-13394428

Slaven Bilic described the offer as 'unbelievable'. I really don't like the sound of that. We shall see how things are if and when he signs, hopefully the club will at least clarify the initial fee vs. the overall fee if all things considered go well.

He actually says the player has received and unbelievable offer. And considering the other things he said it sounds like we are giving him a real chance to establish himself as a first team player something he wouldn't be at WH and just a year ago he was a no name. That's an unbelievable offer. Not the fee. Sounds like he was very sought after.

He says the club and the player have received an unbelievable offer.

“Ideally I wanted to keep him and have him in a different scenario but it was so good for the club and him personally."

He also says he's wanted by a lot of Championship clubs. That's not what I'd consider alone being worthy of £7m.

It's all speculation on our side right now. We don't know his role, we don't know what our manager sees in him or sees him doing, etc. etc. All I'm saying is West Ham seem very happy with this deal, almost too happy at how they've managed to get such a good deal for a player with very little experience, making a £4m profit on a player they signed just a season ago.

If we're gonna be spending £7m on a Championship striker I'd want him to be making at least 30 appearances and scoring 10+ goals. Otherwise I just don't know why we've bought him. Do we think he's capable of that?

Didn't he make 22 apps for West Ham last season? I'd expect him to at least make that here in the championship.

If we're gonna be spending £7m on a Championship striker I'd want him to be making at least 30 appearances and scoring 10+ goals. Otherwise I just don't know why we've bought him. Do we think he's capable of that?

Didn't he make 22 apps for West Ham last season? I'd suspect him to at least make that here in the championship.

Averaged 22 minutes across 16 appearances, only made 2 starts. He basically played just less than 4 full games of football in the PL.

It's squad depth we need for promotion. The reason we got promoted last time is because the people had on the bench could come on and really make a impact.

He says the club and the player have received an unbelievable offer.

“Ideally I wanted to keep him and have him in a different scenario but it was so good for the club and him personally."

He also says he's wanted by a lot of Championship clubs. That's not what I'd consider alone being worthy of £7m.

It's all speculation on our side right now. We don't know his role, we don't know what our manager sees in him or sees him doing, etc. etc. All I'm saying is West Ham seem very happy with this deal, almost too happy at how they've managed to get such a good deal for a player with very little experience, making a £4m profit on a player they signed just a season ago.

It's the sort of thing managers say all the time when someone leaves isn't it He loses nothing for saying it and might even placate the fans that wanted him to stay

Speaking of Gaston, another picture has been posted on twitter of him with another few players and a young fan, looking rather happy and content with being there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JayyBodd/status/890561880015736832

I disagree. I think Steve Gibson has killed him and forced Traore and Christie to carry him around 'Weekend at Bernies' style until we can flog him abroad :)