oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I never really got the hate on Kyle Walker either. Not worth £50m but then neither is Stones.

Who is definitely better than him? Dani Alves, for sure. Juanfran, Carvajal, Piszczek, Valencia, Azpilicueta... who else is even possibly better than him, never mind definitely?

All opinions. He got dropped from the Tottenham side for trippier. Does that make trippier better than walker? Does that make trippier worth more than 50mill? A gut who has had one decent season in a bottom end club and a few appearances for a top end club.....with just 1 England call up....worth more than 50 mill??. That puts Gibson in a similar bracket???

I think he was getting dropped because of disagreements with Pochetino and Spur's wage limitations so was probably going to leave in the summer, rather than the choice being based purely on ability.

Just as a btw I don't think Gibson is worth 50mill though naturally I'd take it. I'm simply saying he must be on a par with trippier value wise. Granted different positions in the back line but similar premier league experience. Similar amount or England call ups. What would trippier go for in today's market??

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never really got the hate on Kyle Walker either. Not worth £50m but then neither is Stones.

Who is definitely better than him? Dani Alves, for sure. Juanfran, Carvajal, Piszczek, Valencia, Azpilicueta... who else is even possibly better than him, never mind definitely?

All opinions. He got dropped from the Tottenham side for trippier. Does that make trippier better than walker? Does that make trippier worth more than 50mill? A gut who has had one decent season in a bottom end club and a few appearances for a top end club.....with just 1 England call up....worth more than 50 mill??. That puts Gibson in a similar bracket???

I think he was getting dropped because of disagreements with Pochetino and Spur's wage limitations so was probably going to leave in the summer, rather than the choice being based purely on ability.

Just as a btw I don't think Gibson is worth 50mill though naturally I'd take it. I'm simply saying he must be on a par with trippier value wise. Granted different positions in the back line but similar premier league experience. Similar amount or England call ups. What would trippier go for in today's market??

I must stress I also aren't saying we'll get or should expect £50m for Gibson. But it's about negotiating standpoint and goals. For City, who are throwing money at average players and have a history of doing so in the position of CB (Otamendi, Mangala, STONES!) Opening up at £50m from Boro's position isn't ridiculous.

Kyle Walker and Kieran Trippier are about the same age. Walker has played around 4 times as many Premier League games as him.

Not only that but if we're talking purely about the time that Trippier has been at Spurs since the move from Burnley, Trippier has started 11 league games. Walker has started 64.

But yeah, sure, Trippier is clearly the better right back out of the 2 based on Walker being dropped for a couple of games. Obviously the favoured option by Pochettino.

In my original post I said £50m if City want him. Anyone else, the price would be £30m.

He is as good as Keane in my opinion, so should go for around the same price as him.

But if City want him the price goes up, that's just Economics 101.

Well Man City are one of those teams that could make an exceptional offer we will have to see what our resolve is keeping Gibson if any offer of over 25M comes in (am not debating what his real worth is but just using 25M as a bench mark) There could be a bidding war for him especially as Spurs and a few others have expressed interest in him supposedly.

I hope whoever we bring in this week is a deadball expert just to get Adam Clayton off set pieces. Imagine if we're stuck with Adam Clayton on set piece duty for the rest of the season?

I hope whoever we bring in this week is a deadball expert just to get Adam Clayton off set pieces. Imagine if we're stuck with Adam Clayton on set piece duty for the rest of the season?

I'd rather Andy Dibble was back in goal than have Clayton on set pieces

I'd rather Andy Dibble was back in goal than have Clayton on set pieces

I'd rather have barragan back on throw ins...

I said before yesterday's game. I thought our only mistake pre season was not playing enough friendlies. That team has only had one 90 mins together and most players only had one full game for a team of new players it isn't enough. I'd have preferred if they'd played three games together

For me the burton game should have been our first game of the season.

I said before yesterday's game. I thought our only mistake pre season was not playing enough friendlies. That team has only had one 90 mins together and most players only had one full game for a team of new players it isn't enough. I'd have preferred if they'd played three games together

For me the burton game should have been our first game of the season.

Excellent point, well made. The team have not had sufficient time to gel together

It was the devious Steve Agnew who was responsible for arranging the pre season friendlies, it's all part of his evil plan to seize control once Monk has floundered. Before we know it, the master tactician will be back at the helm with Downing as captain and the evening gazette boys picking the team. ;)

Man city have a young attacking midfielder called zinchenko. Went out on loan do psv eindhoven last year and they are talking about him going out on loan again this year. Know nothing about him at all other than transfermarkt saying he can play am lw and rw. Maybe something worth looking at if the Gibson to man city thing is true.