oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do people think we're getting an attacking midfielder? The formation we've been playing doesn't include one. It's 3 balanced midfielders and 3 strikers.

Same for wingers, our formation doesn't use them.

Why do people think we're getting an attacking midfielder? The formation we've been playing doesn't include one. It's 3 balanced midfielders and 3 strikers.

Or we can't use a formation with Wingers because we don't have the correct personnel to play it?

The wingers thing.....because the media has linked some wingers with us such as ojo and Kent. Attacking midfielder....because most of us hope we will sign a midfielder that plays further forward given our lack of creativity in the midfield 3 at present.

I would also hope that monk isn't so rigid and stubborn that he will not change a style of play from time to time to eek out a result. We can't play wingers if we don't have any. If we do have some then we have the ability to change systems. Unless of course we are looking to play strikers on the wing...aka a recipe for disaster

Why do people think we're getting an attacking midfielder? The formation we've been playing doesn't include one.  It's 3 balanced midfielders and 3 strikers.

Well, you might be right on the attacking MF, but people think we'll sign a winger because we've been linked with them all summer. We know there's been bids for Ojo & Murphy, and then there's been links with Kent and Cernych too.

I'm viewing the formation as being similar to Rogers Liverpool, Clayton in the Gerrard role, we have no Sterling so we've Braithwaite, Britt/ Fletcher/Bamford in the Suarez/Sturridge role.

We don't have a Coutinho, so we need one and the Henderson role is Howson. Let's be honest we are not at their quality but horses for courses etc.

Just watching ssn and Gary rowett talking about derby potentially looking to try to loan ademola lookman from Everton. If he is available I would hope we would be all over that. Perfect for the left forward role but also plays as a 2nd striker. Has an eye for a pass and is fairly quick too.

Having said that I doubt he will be available but would be gutted if he went elsewhere without us making an enquiry

Just watching ssn and Gary rowett talking about derby potentially looking to try to loan ademola lookman from Everton. If he is available I would hope we would be all over that. Perfect for the left forward role but also plays as a 2nd striker. Has an eye for a pass and is fairly quick too.

Having said that I doubt he will be available but would be gutted if he went elsewhere without us making an enquiry

i think we have enough strikers/forwards. bamford, braithe, gestede, fletcher, britt not enough for you  :D

we could do with a winger mind. like the wolves fans were saying playing with three forwards leaves us weaker wide. i'd like the option of a winger(real one) one side, forward the other. give us a bit for variation in play either side of the pitch. maybe we were hoping to keep and play traore but hes not having so ended up a bit predictable with out formation. if the fans can spot the obvious advantage wolves system had i'm sure monk noticed.

Derby are always talking about loaning this player or buying that player, constantly linked with big money moves and they never get them, I would be gutted though if they did get lookman but you have to think if he was even available we'd be in there aswell.

As for the wingers/creative midfielder name me one system that doesn't require a creative midfielder, every team will have or want one it's ridiculous to suggest we don't need one.

Wingers are different, we are clearly going to use our full backs for width so can go without traditional wide players, but a central creative player is an absolute must have for us this season, none of our current midfield are clever enough.

Get Jota in to interchange between the wide right and central role with bamford.