oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really think Gibson will go. At some point before the end of the window a Prem club will panic. Realise they are well short of cb s and put a big bid in for him. At which point we would be wrong on all counts to say no

Talking about Chambers, surely he is ahead of Gibson in the England pecking order?

I really don't see Ben getting picked even if he goes to a prem team. I hope he doesn't make the move for the right reason at the wrong time.

Cahill, Stones, Smalling, Keane, Jones, Chambers all ahead of Gibson for me. Madness for him to think he'd get in now.

He will play for England, but not in Russia.

Why would Chambers be ahead of Gibson in any pecking order? You did watch us last season, yeah? They played alongside each other and one of them was head and shoulders above the other and of course above everyone else in our side. Unless we assume he just had a one off very good season then the only conclusion is that Gibson is the better defender and picking an England squad on form you would have to pick Gibson ahead of Chambers based on last season.

Why would Chambers be ahead of Gibson in any pecking order? You did watch us last season, yeah? They played alongside each other and one of them was head and shoulders above the other and of course above everyone else in our side. Unless we assume he just had a one off very good season then the only conclusion is that Gibson is the better defender and picking an England squad on form you would have to pick Gibson ahead of Chambers based on last season.

This. Why on earth would Chambers be ahead? Nobody can give any reason for that other than perhaps to speculate that Chambers will go on to be better?

Why would Chambers be ahead of Gibson in any pecking order?  You did watch us last season, yeah?  They played alongside each other and one of them was head and shoulders above the other and of course above everyone else in our side.  Unless we assume he just had a one off very good season then the only conclusion is that Gibson is the better defender and picking an England squad on form you would have to pick Gibson ahead of Chambers based on last season.

This.

That's not even taking into account:

- Gibson is left footed, which is definitely a plus.

- As it stands, Gibson will play more football this season. Regardless of level, Southgate will be more likely to take someone who's played 50 games than someone who has played 5.

- Gibson is actually in the manager's thinking as it stands.

As much as I would agree with you regarding Gibson being better than Chambers. The fact that Chambers has played for Southampton and ***nal will draw favourites over Gibson currently.

Chambers will also play more first XI football this year and will just nudge past I think.