oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Monk has said we have a smaller squad than the last two seasons. And maybe we have but last yr we had a fair few squad players that were never going to play regularly de sart de Pena husband etc. This season we seem to have loads that will almost expect to play

IMO the Jota move is because of the serious offer for Adama.

It's instead of Ojo for me.

The Gazette suggested earlier that we have two targets in that position. Jota and Murphy/Kent, most likely.

IMO the Jota move is because of the serious offer for Adama.

It's instead of Ojo for me.

I can't see it... Ojo would have been a squad player... Another option if we wanted to play with width. Jota will be a definite starter.

I'd probably prefer Murphy but looks like we're priced out of that one, it is going to be pretty tough to use only 4 out of all them, once braithwaite returns it will be bamfords position most at risk I feel.

Unless it's gestede who's leaving and bamford will be considered more of a central striker.

I wouldn't really want to see baker moved deeper either, from last nights showing it looks like he could be quality in that advanced role this season.

I'm torn. I want jota but jota probably pushes bamford out the team and that makes me sad :(

It'd be harsh if bamford gets dumped after the start he's had. He's probably not up to full speed either

With jota Britt bamford braithwaite gestede no mater what happened we'd have at least £12 million pounds of forward on the bench

I'm torn. I want jota but jota probably pushes bamford out the team and that makes me sad :(

It'd be harsh if bamford gets dumped after the start he's had.  He's probably not up to full speed either  

With jota  Britt bamford braithwaite gestede no mater what happened we'd have at least £12 million pounds of forward on the bench

no matter what happens we'll have quality on the pitch to. no more kike sola's.

Not necessarily. I think if Jota came in now, the front 3 would be Jota, Bamford and Britt with Rudy and Fletcher (and Traore if he stays) as options off the bench! When Braithwaite comes back, he will have to earn his position back. If Bamford has been doing the business between now and then, he won't be dropped.

I think, if we sign Jota, the end goal will be that the three who are playing best out of Jota, Britt, Braithwaite and Bamford will start with Fletcher, Gestede and Traore offering game changing attributes off the bench. That's one hell of a strike force for this level!

I'm just taking a moment to appreciate that, as of right now, that is the best first-team attack we've had in about a decade. As the squad is now, the starting 11 is mad (given Ramirez, Traore, De Roon and Gibson all still here). I'd still like us to add a bit of depth and we certainly need another good CB and GK, but plenty of time for those to come in. This really is exciting.

Should Assombolonga sign, then we still need a GK, CB, and a winger at very least, any more will depend on who leaves I would have thought

Agreed. But for us to be this far along at this point is really impressive, frankly. Especially since getting attackers through the door is much harder than defenders.

It'd be harsh if bamford gets dumped after the start he's had.  He's probably not up to full speed either  

With jota  Britt bamford braithwaite gestede no mater what happened we'd have at least £12 million pounds of forward on the bench

Randolph

Cristie          Ayala                                                Gibson           Friend

Clayton   

Traore                              Baker

Bamford                                               Jota

Brit

They all fit :D

Or

Randolph

Cristie          Ayala                                                Gibson           Friend

Baker

Traore                                  Jota

Bamford                                               Braithwaite

Brit             

These fit Too :D :D     

I'm just taking a moment to appreciate that, as of right now, that is the best first-team attack we've had in about a decade. As the squad is now, the starting 11 is mad (given Ramirez, Traore, De Roon and Gibson all still here). I'd still like us to add a bit of depth and we certainly need another good CB and GK, but plenty of time for those to come in. This really is exciting.

Should Assombolonga sign, then we still need a GK, CB, and a winger at very least, any more will depend on who leaves I would have thought

Agreed. But for us to be this far along at this point is really impressive, frankly. Especially since getting attackers through the door is much harder than defenders.

Randolph

Cristie          Ayala                                                Gibson           Friend

Clayton   

Brit

You've still got Braithwaite and Rudy to squeeze in haha

Randolph

Clayton   

Brit

You've still got Braithwaite and Rudy to squeeze in haha

Its Hard without having 12 on the pitch