oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought Dimi had re-signed.

He's due to be offered a new contract, but he is on holiday, and we also didn't have a manager until yesterday.

So he's not been released, our treated unfairly? Phew.

He was treated unfairly last season.  He has been released if he's not on the retained list as I understand it.

No, it's better to get full value for players that other clubs want.

Of course it is. But full value might be lower than what you paid.

It shouldn't be though.

The world isn't always perfect. Players lose and increase value all the time.

He's due to be offered a new contract, but he is on holiday, and we also didn't have a manager until yesterday.

He was treated unfairly last season.  He has been released if he's not on the retained list as I understand it.

This. Whether we agree a new contract with him or not, as of right now he has been released.

It shouldn't be though.

They do.  Now can you explain to me why de Roon would have lost value?

he's been offered a new contract and been released?

he's been offered a new contract and been released?

I would guess that's precisely what has happened.

It shouldn't be though.

I don't think he has. The only reason why I said 11 million could be a fair price is because we have been relegated and the player wants to leave. That sometimes has a negative effect on the price whether we like it or not. Other teams have an advantage there and while we might not be desperate to sell few managers want unhappy players around. I'm just being realistic. All that said I still think we will at least get back what we paid.

It shouldn't be though.

This year he had a mediocre season for a *** team, last year he was the top tackler in the Italian league. I would imagine his value will have gone down a bit.

This year he had a mediocre season for a *** team, last year he was the top tackler in the Italian league. I would imagine his value will have gone down a bit.

I see.  Then it would seem strange that he's wanted at all.  The Premier League is a tougher league than Serie A not to mention a different type of football.  He's clearly wanted so we are in the driving seat or we certainly should be.

I see.  Then it would seem strange that he's wanted at all.  The Premier League is a tougher league than Serie A not to mention a different type of football.  He's clearly wanted so we are in the driving seat or we certainly should be.

We very rarely make money on players, once a player comes to Boro it's a lot like buying a used car. We get a year out of them, then the cambelt goes and you end up £800 worse off, stuck in an expensive hotel in Vienna drinking gruner vetliner at £25 a bottle.

We very rarely make money on players, once a player comes to Boro it's a lot like buying a used car. We get a year out of them, then the cambelt goes and you end up £800 worse off, stuck in an expensive hotel in Vienna drinking gruner vetliner at £25 a bottle.

:)