oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Apparently Brentford have rejected a second bid for Jota from us. Only 4.5 mil. Kind of surprised we'd go as low as that to be honest.

I think we might sell Gibson, get flint and shotton and then Jota with the money. Flint and Ayala as the first choice pairing. With Fry and Shotton as rotation?

I just have an inkling that with our lavish spending maybe we have always been open to selling Gibson but waiting till the end so we don't have our pants down over incoming players...

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently Brentford have rejected a second bid for Jota from us. Only 4.5 mil. Kind of surprised we'd go as low as that to be honest.

I think we might sell Gibson, get flint and shotton and then Jota with the money. Flint and Ayala as the first choice pairing. With Fry and Shotton as rotation?

I just have an inkling that with our lavish spending maybe we have always been open to selling Gibson  but waiting till the end so we don't have our pants down over incoming players...

What lavish spending?  We're only about £5m down so far.

I just have an inkling that with our lavish spending maybe we have always been open to selling Gibson but waiting till the end so we don't have our pants down over incoming players...

Our first bid was £4.5m??

Flint and Gibson as a CB partnership is about the best you can get at this level. Would be superb business from the club.

I'd love to sign Flint too. Seen him a few times at Bristol.C and he (and their other CB) are both beasts!

Another thing occurred to me. I'm sure I've seen Flint pushed up top once as an emergency striker (can't remember the circumstances).... but it was late on in a game.

How about we are desperately chasing a game for whatever reason.... bring on Fry to CB, push Flint up top to do the 'Gestede' job and win everything in the air / flick ons etc.

I'm not saying that he'd be as good at it as Gestede.... but if we DO sell Rudi, and we DO sign Flint.... then maybe the 'beast up top' option isn't dead.

(I'm thinking out loud here, so it's probably a terrible idea)!!

:)  :)

omg its stuart pearce  :D

edit:i know james was not an outfield player, but still made me think of james up front lol

:D  :D

Does anyone remember that big centre back (think it was at Villa) years ago, who got pushed up front because they had no fit strikers.

Scored something like ten goals in eleven games or something ridiculous!?

(NB. For the sake of my own credibility.... I am not really suggesting Flint up top at all..... but certainly not for anything other than exceptional circumstances (last five mins of a cup game / last five of the play-off final when we're 2-1 down)!!

:D

I think you're thinking of Paul Warhurst and his explosive scoring spell for Sheffield Wednesday.  He actually scored 12 in 12.

And our own John Hickton signed as a defender (LB?).

if Flint and Jota were to happen, it would almost sort our squad

What else need sorting? Just outgoings with Downing and Guediora out

I'm looking forward to every game now. the team with baker and traore coming in in place of ruddy and forshaw would be awesome. maybe a little lighter upfront but with more attacking coming from deep. which would be better balanced i reckon. swap traore out for jota if we get him and bring braithwaite into the mix we'll be hard to play against all season. even with an alomst second team out.

The Gazette have started their 'article a day' thing with Jota, reckon we'll get him before deadline day.

Hopefully this is the case, they've certainly done it with a lot of our signings. Then again they could just be desperately grasping at anything to fill column inches which they also do quite a lot...