oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

The Gazette have started their 'article a day' thing with Jota, reckon we'll get him before deadline day.

Hopefully this is the case, they've certainly done it with a lot of our signings. Then again they could just be desperately grasping at anything to fill column inches which they also do quite a lot...

Hmm we had almost daily Gazette updates with Jese, Bojan and Snodgrass too.

I think it will be very hard for us to get Jota. You'd think both the player and club will want him to go to a Premier League team.

So I'm going to remain positively unexcited about this one until Bausor's grin is as wide as the river Tees.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been advised by the same bloke who told me Britt would happen on the wed before that our final offer for Jota has gone in this afternoon and it's a take it or leave it and we want deal done in 48-72hrs

Interesting! And makes sense.

Getting the bid in over the weekend and trying to sneaking the deal through before other teams get desperate and come sniffing Tues/Weds/Thurs.

I know Brentford wouldn't expect to finish bottom but that is where they are at present. They must expect us to finish top end and recognise that we aren't a promotion rival as such. Jota coming here will affect the other teams at the bottom end as them as he will help take points off them all. I reckon they could do with the money asap to strengthen themselves.

I still can't rest easy until we get our CB in... Jota is just the cherry on top, but not entirely necessary in my opinion. I hope these Flint rumours are true, but otherwise it's been quite quiet on that front.

Last summer we seemed to have had a great window too and we were all waiting on one more for one position (LW in that case) that never came...

Don't think there's a rush or panic for the CB, we have fry, Ayala and Gibson at the minute and Connor Roberts if it comes to it. We will get one in next week but nothing to panic about.

What makes you think Roberts can play CB? He's never played there in his career. Friend would be more likely to play CB in an emergency than Roberts.

I know Brentford wouldn't expect to finish bottom but that is where they are at present. They must expect us to finish top end and recognise that we aren't a promotion rival as such. Jota coming here will affect the other teams at the bottom end as them as he will help take points off them all. I reckon they could do with the money asap to strengthen themselves.

I think Brentford as a club are a bit different to most. They don't care who they sell to, even their local rivals, just that they get their valuation. They were fine with Gray joining Burnley because they got what they valued him at. Same with Tarkowski, Bidwell and Button.

The bees wont be near relegation, they will be top half and if they manage to keep everyone fit they wont be far from play offs imo. they just keep on bringing in young guns who are quite good. jota would be a loss but not th end of the world.

I wonder... with Fry playing well and us not going for Tisserand/Shotton, did that free up spondulix for Jota?

not good.... just spent ages on the internet trying to find who 'spondulix' plays for and wether we would lose him while the african cup of nations was on.

I wonder... with Fry playing well and us not going for Tisserand/Shotton, did that free up spondulix for Jota?

not good.... just spent ages on the internet trying to find who 'spondulix' plays for and wether we would lose him while the african cup of nations was on.

You always lose spondulix