oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

If Gibson openly says he wants to move, then I think £20m is what we'll get. If he carries on his rhetoric about being happy to stay, then we have the bargaining chip to hold out for the extra cash. Think the lad has been very canny in the way he's handled himself for the club to be honest.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Gibson openly says he wants to move, then I think £20m is what we'll get. If he carries on his rhetoric about being happy to stay, then we have the bargaining chip to hold out for the extra cash. Think the lad has been very canny in the way he's handled himself for the club to be honest.

Really doubt he will do that. But I'm sure he will have sat down with his agent and Steve to lay out a plan for the summer and how both parties can get the best possible deal.

In the current climate, we should be looking for 30m+ for Gibson, we are surely under no financial pressure to sell.

We also won't have a Ramirez situation where he downs tools if he doesn't get a move.

He could be a potential Premier league player for the next 10 years, he's English with a good character. Teams are going to have to pay over the odds for him.

It pains me to say and 'praise' the Geordie's, but their transfer business last summer should be our model. Value our players, stay firm and don't budge of price (ala the Sisoko and Wijnaldum deals). We're obviously over a barrel with Ramirez but I'd hope we stayed firm on price over Gibson, De Roon, Clayton, Friend, etc.

In the current climate, we should be looking for 30m+ for Gibson, we are surely under no financial pressure to sell.

We also won't have a Ramirez situation where he downs tools if he doesn't get a move.

He could be a potential Premier league player for the next 10 years, he's English with a good character. Teams are going to have to pay over the odds for him.

Except we're Middlesbrough, so we'll probably sell him for a bag of crisps and a punctured football.

West Ham want to sell January signing Robert Snodgrass with Brighton, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland all keen.

[Mirror]

West Ham want to sell January signing Robert Snodgrass with Brighton, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland all keen.

[Mirror]

If his rumoured wages (£90k a week) are correct then they will have trouble getting rid of him. I wouldn't want him for even half those wages.

Lets go for Yeferson Soteldo from that Venezuela U20 team. Think we could use a 5 foot 3 midfielder!

Ability looks incredible but also looks like the Venezuelan Adama Traore

Lets go for Yeferson Soteldo from that Venezuela U20 team. Think we could use a 5 foot 3 midfielder!

I was just about to say that! Nothing like a short south American to excite our fans!

I think we really should expect Gibson to depart to pastures new, the little taste of being involved with the England set up will I believe want him to be more involved as time goes by. Playing at Boro however good he is next season will not improve him and he will only be thrown the cursory glance from time to time.

If he is to grow in potential sadly Boro is not the place for him to do that, yet another aspect of the result of a failed season