oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Being linked to Flint worries me a bit, think he's our option if Gibson moves.

Is Marcus Maddison still at Peterborough? We'd be mad not to at least take a look at him, he's available for far less than this Marvin Johnson at Oxford and is significantly more productive.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is Marcus Maddison still at Peterborough? We'd be mad not to at least take a look at him, he's available for far less than this Marvin Johnson at Oxford and is significantly more productive.

Don't you think we're going for Flint because Shotton seems to have *Mogga terminology alert* 'drifted'?

Don't you think we're going for Flint because Shotton seems to have *Mogga terminology alert* 'drifted'?

Possibly, but since he's costing nearly twice as much I would've thought we'd have another alternative a bit cheaper.

BIRMINGHAM BID FOR FLINT

SS TransferNews

Birmingham City have made a bid in the region of £3.5m for Bristol City centre-back Aden Flint, according to Sky sources.

Norwich City are also interested in the highly-rated 28-year-old but are yet to make a formal offer.

If Flint is worth about what Brum want for Shotton we should get Flint instead, surely?

BIRMINGHAM BID FOR FLINT

SS TransferNews

Birmingham City have made a bid in the region of £3.5m for Bristol City centre-back Aden Flint, according to Sky sources.

Norwich City are also interested in the highly-rated 28-year-old but are yet to make a formal offer.

If Flint is worth about what Brum want for Shotton we should get Flint instead, surely?

They haven't accepted the bid, have they?

They were quoted as looking for a lot more than that earlier in the summer.

If monk has the players he wanted then Gibson has done his job regardless of how much we've spent. We can't sign 30 million pound players they won't come to a championship club  and all this talk about needing an attacking mid. Isn't that what baker was signed for we seem to be at the point where we sign a player and if he hasn't set the world on fire in 3 games we write him off and demand another player in his position saying we are weak there and we've always needed that position .

We've signed Britt possibly the most potent attacker in the championship since Christmas.   Baker who was young player of the yr in holland last yr. braithwaite who was courted by top league clubs around Europe.   Howson who people said was norwich best player for the last few seasons    

We may not be playing brilliantly but complaining about our transfer policy with a few days still to go seems strange

Can't disagree with any of this. The manager might not have huge amounts of strength in depth, our squad is quite small, but our first team has been improved at this level with some highly reputable players.

Also can't stand people judging our signings as a Premier League team. Where are we right now? It certainly isn't in the Premier League. If we spent all our time this window focusing on strengthening a team for the Prem, we'd end up with nothing. We've already seen what too much ambition does in the transfer window. Adlene Guedioura is what *** happens.

im in total agreement too,  im prepared to be patient up to a point,  whats STILL clearly missing is a fluency to our game  which is in all probabilities as virtually everyone agrees is mainly down to the midfield linking attack areas and always has been during the last two seasons.  We need to find the system that gets the best out of the players we now have (give or take the final incomings and out goings in the next week) then its down to two things.....Monks abilities as a manager and attitudes, (professionalism and integrity) of the players.  No more over elaboration in tactics and positioning of players , play the best performers in the best positions , AK had this right in his first 18 months and we were as good as weve been in recent times. Clayton has stood out as the top performer in the last couple of games for a reason ...hes tried tested and proficient in the role hes playing ,

If monk has the players he wanted then Gibson has done his job regardless of how much we've spent. We can't sign 30 million pound players they won't come to a championship club  and all this talk about needing an attacking mid. Isn't that what baker was signed for we seem to be at the point where we sign a player and if he hasn't set the world on fire in 3 games we write him off and demand another player in his position saying we are weak there and we've always needed that position .

We've signed Britt possibly the most potent attacker in the championship since Christmas.   Baker who was young player of the yr in holland last yr. braithwaite who was courted by top league clubs around Europe.   Howson who people said was norwich best player for the last few seasons    

We may not be playing brilliantly but complaining about our transfer policy with a few days still to go seems strange

Spot on Rich

Some of the knee jerk stuff on here over the weekend is embarrassing. By the look of it Monk has got all he has asked for and there are still a few days of the window left to complete his squad. Every manager in every league wants his squad nailed down for pre-season training but the reality is that none of them gets that wish as so many deals are domino effects that see them go to the wire. Even if we had no more incomings though this squad shouyld have more than enough to get us up. 

As for the signings made the only one I am a little scared of is Howson as a few of my Norwich mates tell me his legs have gone but I am hoping that is sour grapes

As for the departures so far none will be missed and if the rumours about Traore are correct then he can go too. I might be the only fan on here who would like Downing to stay as I still think he has a part to play this season , but even if he goes you have got to trust Monk knows what he is doing.

From what I've heard from the Bristol end is that they wasn't in the region of £6-8million for Flint. So Brum are gonna have to come back with more money

I can't believe for a second that Brum have only just put in a bid for Flint, especially one so low given his apparent valuation. I can only assume Harry thinks he can get away with leaving it late and offering something pitiful because the player must be unsettled.

TBH, if I was Flint, I don't know if I would be sat thinking Birmingham was a big step up right now. They're clearly operating on a shoe-string budget and they've started even worse than we have. Though perhaps it is too early to tell. I thought they'd be challenging for play-offs just as I thought we'd be challenging for the title and neither are meeting that goal yet with more than enough time to turn that around.